Monday, March 5, 2012

Chantecaille Sunrise Lip Chic for Spring 2012

Chantecaille's new Sunrise Lip Chic ($33) for Spring 2012, a bright coral-pink shade, reflects the striking pink and peach petals of the multicolored Sunrise Rose. The highly emollient formula offers the even coverage of a lipstick with the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss. Added collagen gives the lips a boost, leaving them fuller and decidedly more youthful in appearance without any irritation. Then there's the glorious color.

Originally, I thought this shade didn't look like a natural for me, I was so wrong. I'm always reminded to test. Forget photos, descriptions, and first impressions. Here's a photo of Modern Sunrise Rose. You can see the inspiration!

When I tested Sunrise in the store, first at Bloomingdale's and then at Neiman Marcus, I was smitten. The shade isn't nearly as coral as I had expected. It's a coral pink, with the emphasis on pink. It nabbed me faster than I could pull out my credit card.

Even this photo of the tube won't convince coral phobes that this shade is ultra-wearable. It looks coral, doesn't it? Visions of orange passed through my eyes, a shade that hasn't moved me since I lived with an orange shag carpet in the early 60s.

The moment of truth came when I tested it, first on my arm and then on my finger pad, a much better representation of my lip color than my arm. Oh my! I was swept away.

Sunrise isn't coral, and it's not pink. Instead, it's a blend of coral, pink, orange, and gold that reminds me of nature's glory each morning the sun rises in the East. This photo, taken at Sunrise Beach, reminded me of Sunrise Lip Chic. No two sunrises are exactly the same - a great reason to arise early each morning for a short reminder of nature's glory.

I've already made good on my vow to purchase two Coral Reefs Palettes. I've also purchased two Sunrise Lip Chics. This shade is enormously flattering. I'll have one in my handbag and one in my bathroom, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a third when one starts to wear down to a nub.

If you can resist this shade, you're a stronger person than I am. Lip Chic is a revolutionary hybrid that combines the high shine and plumping effects of a gloss with the rich, even coverage of a lipstick. It goes on with an incredibly soft, lightweight texture as it helps to smooth and firm the lips. This exceptionally comfortable formula is easy to apply in an even finish that is shiny, but never sticky. Lip Chic is one of my feel-good lipsticks. Combine all its fabulous features with a divine shade, and you've got a winner. I like the narrow tube too.

Sunrise Lip Chic has arrived at all of the Chantecaille counters and online sources and at Chantecaille's Web site. I bought my two at Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.

Photos courtesy of Chantecaille, cityofsunrisebeach.org, justourpictures.com, and by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

BooBooNinja said...

Wonderful "inspiration" images. My breathe caught in my throat, perhaps something akin to your first hand experience with the product.

One day I will try Chantecaille, RBR, Edward Bess, and Le Metier, and I will rush here and recount the glorious details!

Jo said...

I love this lip chic too! It brightens up my whole face and the color is just gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, BooBooNinja!

Chantecaille always makes superb products. Easy to love.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

The color is so bright and pretty!

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

what a perfect spring lippie. i am on the hunt for the perfect spring watermelon and not too orange coral, perhaps this is one?

(what are the ingredients i wonder.....)

is this LE?

looks fabulous on your arm- can't wait to see it in person :)

Charlestongirl said...

Not LE, LoveSugarBabyDoll.

All Chantecaille makeup contains ingredients that are harmless. Chantecaille is a company that cares about us and our health and well being.

CGirl said...

Oooooh I am going to have to get this. It is so lovely! It's also a color I don't already have, so I can justify it lol.

yesplease1816 said...

oh my goodness does this look gorgeous!! I'm not the biggest lippie girl in the world-I've always played up my eyes and kept my lips pretty bare, but this color is so beautiful I can't resist! Thanks for another great recommendation Charleston Girl!

Oh PS: are you still putting up pictures of Bucolic Poppy soon?

lovethescents said...

Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful. LipChics get SO much love. I hope to try one some time. This particular colour is stunning. That Chantecaille is like a thorn in my side. It's available in other Canadian cities, but not my large metropolis! When i emailed them to ask if they had plans to open one here, they stated, very simply, no.
*insert raspberry here*