Friday, March 30, 2012

La Mer The Reparative Body Lotion

La Mer's The Reparative Body Lotion ($150) is an indulgence - a delightful, if somewhat expensive, treat for the skin and senses. During the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event, the totes that were a gift with purchase contained an empty container for a sample of the new The Reparative Body Lotion.

Anyone who left the store with her tote - without realizing she had to examine the contents to see what she had to specifically request - had to have been annoyed. I had the good fortune to have a great sales associate, Loula Ayoub, who wouldn't let me leave the store without my generous sample. I really don't know why Neiman Marcus does that empty-container thing. It's intended, I'm sure, to make you stop by the counter to hear the sales pitch. I don't need the coercion; I just want the sample so that I can try the product at home and decide whether I like it.

Anyhow, I love Reparative Body Lotion. It's a beautifully scented, thick body lotion that makes my skin feel nicely hydrated. It's billed as "a transformative treatment that delivers the anti-aging power of a serum to the body, renewing and smoothing on contact." The Reparative Body Lotion is a Neiman Marcus Group and La Mer exclusive."

La Mer's nutrient-rich Miracle Broth, the heart of its products, as well as the "Reparative Ferment" and a unique Marine Ferment, allow The Reparative Body Lotion to visibly firm and revitalize skin. The "Reparative Ferment" is a powerful healing agent of clarifying algae, marine peptides, and Rock Samphire.  The clarifying algae helps brighten the skin, even tone, and diminish the look of age spots. Marine peptides help repair the look of lines and wrinkles.  Rock Samphire, a seashore plant known for its exfoliating benefits, offers exceptional smoothness. Meanwhile, the Marine Ferment works to create a protective shield for the skin, preventing dehydration and sealing in moisture.

Does it work? I think so. It's pricey - pretty steep for a body lotion, no matter how luxurious and large in size. Since it's related to Crème de la Mer, I moisturizer I will never be without, I think I'll enjoy The Reparative Body Lotion, especially for summer use. I can find it at Neiman Marcus. You can too. Did you get your sample? What did you think?

Now I want to try La Mer's new Blanc del la Mer The Brightening Essence Intense and The Brightening Infusion Intense.

Photo courtesy of La Mer

10 comments:

yesplease1816 said...

Ooh you must let us know if you do decide to try them! I have always wanted to The Radiant Infusion and the Oil Absorbing Lotion--but can't seem to bring myself to pay $95 and $220 respectively :O

Dafne Ortiz said...

thanks for the recommendation...I love La Mer products and will try this body lotion. As I went to my local Guerlain counter today, I was so happy to see the new Rouge Automatique Shine...beautiful colors, they didnt have testers but they look so good, have you try them? and they showed me a book with the colaboration that Emilio Pucci is making for Guerlain...in love with the blush, nail polish colors and the makeup bag!!! cant wait to see them in person!!! is it available in the US already? Here in Mexico we get the launches behind you! Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the Blanc de La Mer collection while in Asia this month and I almost cracked at the Duty Free in the airport. I restrained myself but am so glad to hear that it is available in the U.S. since so many of the luxury whitening lines are only available in Asia. Thank you!

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

Wow, how awesome! Sounds really good. Wish I could try La Mer but the prices are killer

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yesplease!

Yes, the price is definitely a hindrance to just snapping up La Mer products. Once/year, I have to purchase a new The Concentrate, and I draw in my breath as I pull out my credit card.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dafne!

Wait 'till you see the Emilio Pucci collaboration in makeup! It's gorgeous. I've asked PR for the photos so I can show it here. Normally, they would have already sent them, so go figure!

If you want to see then now, go to The Non-Blonde and Temptalia.

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Anonymous. That's where the whole whitening/brightening trend started.

Charlestongirl said...

Abby, totally understand. If you have never purchased anything, you must buy the iconic Crème de la Mer first.

Eileen said...

I know La Mer has been drowning (no pun intended :-) ) in hype ever since it became trendy amongst A-listers all those years ago, but it is still one of the most soothing and nurturing creams on the market. It's not anti-aging, but it calms, smooths, soothes, and heals parched or damaged skin like nothing else. Do I sound like a fan? I am! I've tried many a cream, high end and low, but I always go back to my crème whenever my skin is in need of extra TLC. And now a new body lotion! I'll have to get a sample.

Apropos, empty containers, oh, how I hate those! I also hate those cards that say, " For a delux sized sample, visit our counter." I bet most of those cards end up in the trash. And what about the ladies who shop on-line and can't get to a counter? I think, given the economic situation, that many women are less inclined to make an expensive blind purchase and more women are willing to return an item that doesn't suit. I can't help but think it would be better to hand out samples than have full sized items returned. Ah, well, just one more thing to tend to when I rule the world :-P LOL

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

Crème de la Mer has been my miracle cream since its introduction. I was actually waiting for it to show up on the shelves - had read advance publicity. I put it on for hydration (with a treatment serum underneath). I use it on burns, rashes, you name it. It's definitely my miracle cream.

I almost wrote a rant on those empty containers. Don't get me going. What I hate even more than empty containers are those SAs who let you leave the store with them. They KNOW they are in the bag. I quit one SA (for other reasons) who did that to me. Most of them don't care. They got their sale.