Monday, March 12, 2012

New: Shiseido Tea Rose Luminizing Satin Face Color

Even though I didn't order the blue eye shadow that marked the Electric Blues Look (click on link to see) by Dick Page for Shiseido Spring 2012, I did order multiple pieces from the look.

The beautiful Luminizing Satin Face Color is a new shade, Tea Rose ($30), shown above, one of my purchases. Tea Rose (RS302) is described perfectly as a muted, neutral rose.

Luminizing Satin Face Color offers lasting, true color with a silky-smooth finish. Tea Rose has a satin finish, so it won't add shine to your cheeks, just a lovely subdued rose shade that looks natural. It's not bright rose, another plus. You can apply it easily with just a quick swirl and no fear that you'll have to "erase" some before you leave home.

I applied Tea Rose two ways for my swatch photos. Using a sponge-tipped applicator, I applied it heavily in a stripe at the top of my arm for my photos, which were taken in full sun. Below, I applied it moderately heavily with a dense blush brush. The backdrop for this first photo is my star magnolia, which is blooming, but appears to have been lightly frosted Saturday night. Our nights were cool, and our days warm this short weekend.

Tea Rose is a workhorse shade. It's not one of those colors that's likely to send hundreds of you streaming into the stores to pick up the last piece. It's one you should consider if you need a new blush and you find this shade attractive on your skin. I didn't need more blush (I won't "need" more blush for the rest of my life, but that won't stop me from buying the best of the best), but I'm thrilled to own Tea Rose. It's a beautiful, natural color on me, and because it has a satin finish, I'll never look like a glitter victim when I'm wearing it.

You can find all of the new Shiseido products at Shiseido's Web site, where shipping is free with a purchase of $50 or more. You can also find the colors - new and "old" - at Sephora online, where I had my spring Shiseido spree.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a beautiful everyday, no brainer shade. Love!

Evelyn said...

That looks beautiful to me and definitely something I'd like. I'm going to take a look. :)

DivaDebbi said...

That color is dreamy CG! Sound like the perfect powder finish...not too matte or shiny.
Thanks!

xox,
DD

Elysse said...

I love these "natural but better" sort of colours and I've noticed that Japanese brands are champions when it comes to them. I have plenty of blushers, but my first instinct is to always go for the Shu Uemura Amber 82,86 or 89. They have changed the codes for them now, but there's just so good. I'm going to try this for sure!

Zenda said...

I once bought a blush that was also tea rose, I think from Sisley, and I loved it because it was not a deep tone, it looked so natural, just a hint of beautiful cheek color. I like this one by Shiseido. I think it's perfect to finish a makeup. xx

lov2read68 said...

Lovely! It absolutely looks like an "everyday-throw-it-on-and-go-on-the-morning" kind of color! Love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pale one!

Total no-brainer. Got a laugh out of that.

Charlestongirl said...

What did you decide, Evelyn?

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Debbi!

Tea Rose would look gorgeous on you.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Odyssey!

I so miss having Shu Uemura in the store.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Zelle,

Even the name, Tea Rose, is pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Perfect, lov2read68! That's why I love it.

Evelyn said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I put in my Sephora order for this blush and the Givenchy bucolic rose. I'm looking forward to them! Thank you for the great reviews!

Mary Steele Lawler said...

wonder if this would be a good replacement to Georgio Armani no. 10? It is the best natural blush I've ever owned and I've hit the pan. Always up to try something new, though!