Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fresh Sugar Coral Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15

Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Sugar Coral ($22.50) is the latest shade in a series of super-hits from Fresh. Currently exclusive to Sephora, the tropical Sugar Coral was described by Alina Roytberg, Fresh Co-Founder.

This was inspired by a trip to a remote island in the Bahamas: the fresh morning breeze, alfresco lunches of exotic fruit, and snorkeling with bright fish around the reddish-orange coral reef. Sun, sea, and the spirit of vacation: that's Sugar Coral.

Fresh's Tinted Lip Treatments moisturize, protect, and smooth the lips while adding a sheer tint of color. I've bought every shade ever introduced - some in multiples. I always have one within reach. No wonder they are so moisturizing. In-vivo testing has shown that Tinted Lip Treatment will keep your lips hydrated for up to six hours after application.

Treat your lips to a juicy coral color with this tint that provides sheer coverage or buildable color. Sugar, a natural humectant, ensures long-lasting moisture, while meadowfoam hydrates and the oil of black currant seeds conditions the lips. It is further enriched with antioxidant-rich vitamins to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals and provides year-round protection from damaging UV rays. 

If you've used this tinted balm, you know how nice it is. Let's look at the color of Sugar Coral. Isn't it gorgeous? Not too orange, not too pink, Sugar Coral is the "shade of the moment," a sheer dark peach in a coral case. It's warm, sunny, and energizing.

You know that your finger pad is the best place to test lip products (and keep your lips germ-free)? It's closer in color to your lip color than your arm. While my finger may look very pale in the photo above, it is darker than my arm - trust me.

Isn't Sugar Coral luscious? I may live in it this summer, especially when I know I'll be outdoors. I love sheer colors that are good for me. Want one? You'll find it at Sephora, where there's an in-store V.I.B. preview event (with a 15% discount) today (featuring special goodies). The discount for V.I.B.s continues until April 6. Remember to look for Sugar Coral if you go.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

22 comments:

lovethescents said...

This looks great!!! I have the Plum and like it a lot in the winter months, paired with grey sweaters:-) This colour is to die for. Going to get it, for sure. Thank you for telling us about it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

I think you will love this shade!

shontay07108 said...

I'm a freak for all things coral and I already own several of the Fresh Sugar lip balms so, this one is coming home to mama!

time4beauty said...

I've purchased it recently. Can't wait! =)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi shontay!

It's kind of irresistible, huh?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Time4Beauty, is yours still in transit? I think you'll be very pleased. :)

Win said...

what are V.I.B's? Would love a discount!

Charlestongirl said...

Winyan, that's Sephora's frequent buyer "club." If you don't spend a lot there, you can't use the code.

Martha said...

I was waffling on this, and ended up not ordering it. I will have to place a second order later this week! I am loving the Fresh Rose I got for the Sephora birthday gift, and Coral looks lovely too.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, they didn't have this color when I went to Sephora today.

On a side note: people, rather a man was going crazy inside Sephora and purchased at least 8 UD Naked2 palettes. I was beginning to suspect he took the Fresh Coral color as well, lol. =D

Soni said...

I *just* ordered this from Sephora. (yay VIB!) I can't wait for it to get here. I love Fresh balms. The honey color was not for me...but I suspect this one will be. (I also love the rose & passion colors) I just love lip products that feel good and look great! Thanks for featuring this.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Martha,

I suspect we will all be placing multiple orders in the next week. :)

Charlestongirl said...

That is wild, Anonymous! Clearing out the good stuff? Clearly he planned to resell it. I wonder why they let him buy so many of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Soni,

These are perennial favorites. I'll bet Fresh could "retire" on their Lip Treatments. :)

kellinicole86 said...

I REALLY want to love these, but I've learned I can't use lip products w/ SPF : ( as I'm allergic to it. Oh well, I can admire it's prettiness

lov2read68 said...

On my monitor, this looks a bit more watermelon than coral. I will have to see if my local Sephora has this in stock so I can swatch IRL. I would love it if this leans to the pink side of the coral range! I am a big fan of the original & Rose versions!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Ooooo....so beautiful. I am a total sucker for coral that doesn't make me look like someone's grandmother in Palm Beach.(You know the kind I mean: Uber-tan, face doesn't move, coral lipstick has a whitish undertone...ew)

yesplease1816 said...

I'm so excited I just ordered mine and placed my Sephora order at the stroke of midnight when I could use the 15% off :P. Your swatches look so pretty and seem to really compliment your skin tone. I just hope it will look as good on me!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh no, kellinicole! Hope you wear a sun hat. Lip burns can be so painful.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Love2Read,

It is. Maybe on the coral "side" of watermelon.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, you will not look like a throwback in this one. LOL

Charlestongirl said...

You are too funny, Yesplease! I bought so much from Sephora in the last few weeks, totally forgetting VIB time was coming up, I'm stumped on what to buy!