Friday, March 23, 2012

Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Prisma Chrome Blush in Apricot Brandy

I knew it would be beautiful, and it is. I am so impressed by everything about the limited-edition Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Prisma Chrome Blush in Apricot Brandy ($16). In the tangerine theme, the color of the year, Sephora has created a blush that combines all the best features of baked, powder, and cream formulas, releasing perfect color and a texture that lays on the cheeks like a second skin.

Easily blendable and buildable without being powdery, this unique blush leaves an unbelievably polished and sparkling finish. The warm shade, Apricot Brandy (PANTONE #17-1540), was inspired by the Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango, and will light up the apples of your cheeks with a spirited glow - or provide highlights in tangerine that are sure to warm your face.

I cannot say enough about the elegant packaging of the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Collection. It's substantial, better than the packaging of products that cost ten times as much. The box is gorgeous (see photo above); the box insert is equally stunning in its craftsmanship. The blush compact looks pricey (it's a bit small, but hey?). All in all, this blush is as worth of your consideration as any I've seen this year. I don't usually dwell on packaging, but take a look at what you'll see after your lift up the outer packaging. The blush compact is nestled within a perfectly fit insert, with a clear plastic covering to protect it.

All of this wouldn't matter if the blush were mediocre, but the sparkling peach color is dynamite. It's got style.

I was impressed when I opened the compact, and I was even more impressed when I started to play with Apricot Brandy.

I took my swatch photos in full, morning sun, and I swatched heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. Have you seen a peach this luscious recently? Can you believe that Apricot Brandy is a house brand, costing only $16? I even wonder if Sephora has recently changed manufacturing partners, moving from ho-hum to exciting.

The photo above portrays exactly how Apricot Brandy looks on my skin. The photo below is shows more saturated color, but it's the same swatch, with different lighting conditions. The color applies beautifully and sheerly on the cheeks, with buildable coverage, and a finish that's creamy - without any fall out.

This was one of the best sixteen dollars I've spent recently. I'm smitten. If Apricot Brandy is too sparkly for you to consider as a blush, you can apply it sheerly as a highlighter. Definitely check it out and see if you can resist.

I can't wait to show you the other beauties I purchased from the Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Collection. All of them left me gasping. They are simply amazing - and available only at Sephora.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Leigh said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad I ordered this already.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh,

I am dead-sure some of these pieces are going to sell out. Glad yours are on the way!

CGirl said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous! Sephora is stepping up their game! Do you think this could be used as an eyeshadow? If so, I may be making a sephora purchase this weekend....

Eileen said...

What a gorgeous color! If the quality is as good as is the color, Sephora has a real winner. And so economical as well. I've never particularly liked Sephora brand cosmetics, but this might have me reconsidering. It's beautiful with your skin tone.

Adriana said...

Oh, I love it! Can't wait to get mine!

Carrie Meredith said...

Gah, I love it! My order shipped yesterday and I'll be on edge until it arrives. I love how all of the cosmetics in this limited edition have varying shades of Tangerine Tango, it's not just a literal representation of the color spread throughout the collection. I especially am impressed with the eyeshadow quad colors, they're perfect! I've also got a Sephora brand neon lip tint (in a lipstick tube form) on the way, it's bright coral, and I decided I'd like it more than the lipstick or glosses from the Pantone collection. I like 'em very sheer. :)

Charlestongirl said...

CGirl,

I will read the ingredients in the morning and let you know. My first thought is, "Why not?" I want to make sure.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

The quality of this collection will blow you away. It's not the old Sephora.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Adriana,

I am so smitten. I hope you feel that way too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Carrie,

I didn't order the eye shadow quad. Please let us know how you like it. I will post the blush duo and glosses tomorrow and Sunday morning. Probably the glosses first, unless there is a strong demand to see the duo first instead.

Kate said...

planning one being there Monday morning
this looks beautiful

nikki said...

Gorgeous!!!

Nikkia Chanel said...

This is such a pretty color and so perfect for summer! Adding this to my ever growing list of must haves. Thanks for the swatches

Anonymous said...

I bought the whole Sephora+PANTONE UNIVERSE set based on your good reviews. It contain Tangerine eyeliner (yes, it's really tangerine!), Eyeshadow quad, Prisma Chrome blush, Blush Duo, Color of the Year Lipstick and Lip gloss. However, I'm afraid to even try it, - the colors are so bright, I can't make myself put any of them on my face! I didn't touch any of the products and can't say anything about the quality. I'm sure though if I apply any of this scary orange-tangerine stuff on my pale face, I might look like an insane clown ;-)
I put this set into my "Returns" box but now I'm thinking about probably giving it away as a gift to some of my friends who's not as afraid of too much color as I am...

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I agree that Sephora hit it out of the ballpark with this one. Even the advertising on this is amazing! Great swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Enjoy, Kate!

Charlestongirl said...

They are, Nikki. Hope you get to play with them.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Silver Lips,

Have you made your way over to Sephora yet? The price is so good, they are irresistible.

Charlestongirl said...

Nina, why did you buy it? Try it! If I'm an orange phobe, and I'm pleased, give the shades a chance. :)

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal,

I just saw the two-page spread in the April Allure. Very pretty!