Friday, March 23, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks - Part 3

Finally, the last two of my new Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks ($30) - tried and photographed. Rouge 401 (Ripe) is shown the left, and Pink 501 (Vita) is shown at right. Both have already become reach-for shades. I think they're exquisite.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun, but in totally different light intensities. Rouge 401 is shown at the top of my arm, with pink 501 below. On my lips, Rouge 401 looks rose, not red, which suits me just fine. Pink 501 is a scrumptious watermelon pink that makes me look and feel cheerful.

To recap what you've already read here and here, Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipstick features a fabulous creamy texture, feather light and translucent, as hydrating as a balm. The brilliant bold color is wearable and chic. Don't be mislead by how the colors look in the tube - try them. Or just order most or all of them, as I did.

A cutting-edge color formulation process, the Color Shine Moisture Polymer, a revolutionary component, is able to retain twice its volume of water and enhance color luminosity while locking in hydration on the lip surface for over eight hours.

Three shades hover between straight orange and pink-orange: Acid Tangerine 300, Mandarin Orange 301, and Orange Mutation 302. Three incandescent reds, sheer versions of Rouge d’Armani 400 are available: Red Carpet 400, Ripe 401, and Scarlato 402. Three lively transparent pinks will make you pink lovers delirious: Ecstasy 500, Vita 501, and Blush 502. I don't know why the Armani Beauty Web site only shows two pinks. So far, I've been unable to get a response from PR. Three purple shades, Bitten 600, Tulipe Noire 601, and Black Lacquer 602, are divine.

If you like sheer lip color, you won't want to miss out on Rouge d'Armani Sheers. Fortunately, as far as I know, these new lipsticks are not limited editions. You can take your time selecting one or more. They were introduced to replace Armani's original Sheer Lipstick, which is still available in five shades, but I expect will disappear with sell-through.

You can find the Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks at Armani Beauty's Web site and Armani Beauty counters. I'm still waiting for that call from Saks. Think it will ever come?

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Jo said...

They are available on the Neiman Marcus website. Not sure if they are in store yet. Your swatches are beautiful.

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl! I bouhgt several shades and as you say they are exquisite, wonderfully wearable and hydrating too: a loud bravo:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo,

They are in store at Neiman Marcus, if one is convenient to you. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

For once you got something when we did? Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirll! How do this lipsticks compare to the Clinique Almost lipsticks? Maybe the armani ones deliver more color?
Thanks! And your swatches are always very helpful:)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Anonymous. The Armanis have more pigment.

Victoria said...

I love so many of these! I'm really liking the trend this season for lighter, sheer lipsticks. They feel so much more comfortable to wear, especially when it is warmer.

morelikespace said...

I got to swatch these today for the first time and I am in love. Definitely getting at least two of the plum shades, one of the pink and one of the reds. Perfect lightweight colours for Spring.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Victoria!

I've always preferred sheers, so I am in heaven.

Charlestongirl said...

Kate,

I know you will love them! Enjoy!