Thursday, March 8, 2012

BY TERRY Gloss Terrybly Shine Hydra-Lift Lip Lacquer for Spring 2012

Available in five new shades for Spring 2012, BY TERRY Gloss Terrybly Shine ($44, not inexpensive) is an ultra-shiny, lifting-firming, volumizing lip lacquer that will plump up your smile with a long-lasting radiance. An age-defense "Lumilip" technology combines "nutri-regenerating" ceramides, hyaluronic acid (for moisture), and a collagen-stimulating peptide Here's the rundown with more about the technology from BY TERRY.
  • For a “Push-Up Effect,” kiss-me-quick extract (huh?) regenerates, nourishes, hydrates, and creates volume and redefines lip contours. I believe "kiss me quick" is a plant extract that offers wrinkle-blurring prisms of color.
  • For a “Hydra-Lift Effect,” hyaluronic acid microspheres plump, fill the hollows in the lips, and add volume to the lips.
  • For a “Lift-Firming Effect,” ceramides restructure, firm, redensify, and maintain the lips' hydration.
This sounds more like an undergarment than a a lip gloss. Unless you're in the market for a little cleavage enhancement, just ignore this marketing hype. Maybe something was lost in translation. What does all that mean? Who cares? These glosses are gorgeous.

Ultra-fine mother of pearl extracts and covering pigments provide intense, iridescent, long-lasting color. Polymer agents ensure extreme shine and radiant color.

I've been circling Gloss Terrybly Shine at the SPACE.NK boutique at Bloomingdale's at Tysons Corner Center for weeks. I finally jumped off the fence and purchased three. They are listed here as shown, left to right, in the photo above.
  • #1, Diamond Dream, very light pink with tiny spheres of sparkling color
  • #3, Gold Digger, peach with golden spheres that make it lively on my lips
  • #4, Pink Lover, an intense pink that pops with spring's big shade
I snapped a few swatch photos in full sun last weekend. Each of these three lip lacquers has something special to offer.

The color, shine, and dimension of these lip glosses are the draw, no matter what skin-care benefits they may offer. I love the iridescent shades. Each has a beautiful sparkling tone that radiates light. The glosses have a light rose scent. It's a treat on application, and then it leaves quickly and silently, on cat's paws. The texture is good. It's not sticky, but you can "feel the gloss." I like that. It's mirror-free feedback that my gloss is still good to go.

I wish I had been able to get superb photos. No photo is going to portray all of the magnificent qualities of Gloss Terrybly Shine. I want to stand at Bloomingdale's with a signboard, pointing to the easy-to-miss BY TERRY section in our small SPACE.NK outpost, telling passersby, "Don't miss these beauties! Wear one, and you'll have a pretty day!" Can you see that now? Maybe I could make the evening news as wacko of the week.

By Terry is a line with which I haven't spent ample time. Creator Terry de Gunzburg built her line to center on luxury (and the prices reflect that). "Terry spins the richest textures and dynamic colors into wearable makeup laced with anti-aging benefits. Radiant skin is the brand's raison d'être, and a BY TERRY complexion is always dewy and fresh, no matter how tired the skin." The same day I purchased the gorgeous glosses, I bought a primer. I'll let you know what I think after I've worn it for a few days.

You know Gunzburg is the "Mistress of Light Reflection," right? She created YSL's Touche Éclat before she founded her own line. I hope her deal was good. With the number of units sold over the years, she could have retired on that one award-winning product. Light reflection is the quality that differentiates Gloss Terrybly Shine from the rest of the pack. If you have any counter options to visit these glosses, go! Have fun. See if you can purchase just one (my original intention).

If you didn't see my Rose De Rose Liquid Blush feature last fall, you can see it at this link. I wrote then that I feared I would become a BY TERRY addict. There's so much more I want to try. One nice thing about SPACE.NK is the N.dulge (loyalty) program. When you earn 100 points (by spending $100), you get a $5 credit that can be used in store or online. I used my first $5 credit when I bought my new glosses.

You can purchase BY TERRY products from SPACE.NK.apothecary online, at BY TERRY online, or at SPACE.NK counters in the United States. I think it's easier to find in France. in fact, I recently received a few beautiful BY TERRY products from a dear, sweet friend in France. I'll show you soon.

Photo at top courtesy of BY TERRY; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Estelle said...

Ha ha! Love the wacko on the evening news thought!

But seriously, aren't these glosses divine? I recently purchased Gold Digger and Honeymoon Dream and absolutely LOVE the iridescence and depth and texture and pigmentation and and and and AND!

Kate said...

Hi C-Girl!

I have been so tempted by these! Can you tell me how Diamond Dream compares to the KissKiss Gloss in 871 Frosted Pink? Which one is more opaque? I am trying to limit the number of glosses I purchase, and these look like they could be similar.

Thank you so much for featuring these!

Kate

Eileen said...

Ah, Charlestongirl! Ah, Estelle! We're birds of a feather! I'm another Gold Digger fan! The natural pink of my lips combines with the iridescent peach to produce a beautiful summer color. And the formula is so soothing and nurturing. My lips never feel dry afterwards. The next time I'm at South Coast Plaza I'll have to pick out a few more. Gold Digger is my first, but definitely not my last. I'm a convert :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Estelle!

Yes, wouldn't it be fun (in a way) to be the crazy beauty nut case?

These glosses are divine - and should be for the price. Tee hee. I love the dimension! Glad you do too.

Charlestongirl said...

Kate, I think the Guerlain is more opaque. They are the same pastel pink category. This one is more iridescent. The Guerlain has more white in it, which gives it the opaque nature.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

That Gold Digger was the first one I selected! It jumps right out of the display. :)

I fear I'm getting hooked on By TERRY. Like I need another addiction.

Lisa said...

Your choices are spot-on perfect for you, and perfect for ME!:). Thanks for the post!