Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Sunshower from Dick Page's Deep Metallic Look for Spring 2012

Shiseido's Sunshower (OR313) Shimmering Cream Eye Color ($25) was featured in Dick Page's Metallic Look for Spring 2012. I wasn't sure what to expect, given Shiseido's product photo above and the orange look on the model's eyes. Trusting in Page, something I've learned to do, I ordered it. Am I glad!

Shimmering Cream Eye Color is a lightweight cream eye shadow with a radiant, lustrous finish that maintains a just-applied fresh look for 16 hours without smudging or creasing. It applies easily with your fingertip for a smooth, even finish - and even more easily with a shadow brush. True to Shiseido's philosophy, the shadow hydrates the skin with "Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE." Shiseido always makes sure we get a two-for in our makeup.

Here is what I saw in the pot when it arrived from Sephora. I still had no idea what color to expect. Would it be too red or orange for me? No! Once I applied it, I was thrilled. This is a versatile shade, not orange despite its OR313 moniker, and one that I think will delight you. This beautiful new shade expands the range of cream shadows available to us diehard cream shadow lovers.

Take a look at this lovely neutral shade. At a loss for words to describe the shade, I'll try by calling it a pastel copper or praline - a shade in the neutral family. I see toffee with a hint of rose. It's not flamboyant; it's simply flattering.

I applied Sunshower pretty heavily for these swatch photos. I used a cream shadow brush. I could have used my fingers or even a sponge-tipped applicator. Shiseido's forgiving formula moves from the pot to the eyelid easily.

I've always loved cream eye shadows. I've bought every Shiseido color I thought I could wear (that would exclude Magnolia). I was delighted to add Sunshower to my cream shadow wardrobe. I think the color is luscious - one that I hope grabs your eyes too. There's shimmer, but it's not ostentatious. It's lively and light-catching.

Dick Page calls the Deep Metallic look, shown above, a fun, rich, monochrome look with warm, deep metallic detail on both lips and eyes. Sunshower, featured on the model, is so much prettier in real life than it looks in the Shiseido photo. If you like cream eye shadows. you must see it! Don't forget Techno Gold (GD803), another beautiful shade.

You can find all of the new products at Shiseido's Web site, where shipping is free with a purchase of $50 or more. You can also find the colors - new and "old" at Sephora. I have more to show you from the new collections. Stay tuned.

Photos by Shiseido and Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Eileen said...

Now that's a color I can love! When I saw the promo picture, my thought was that it was kind of "meh". Your swatch, though, shows a gorgeous wash of translucent sunny color. As you know, I love oranges and pinks on my dark green eyes and have more than I could use in a lifetime! :-) But, be that as it may, Sunshower is definitely going on my must see list. It's just so pretty.

lovethescents said...

Incredibly pretty. I have a BB one in a similar colour. How does the quality compare, if you don't mind my asking?

Clarisse said...

I've got it, it's a dream:-) and I've got the "pale shell" and "ice" too: I can't resist Shiseido delights...

LilyBiscuit said...

I'm going to buy this. Thanks for the review! I'm thinking it would be so beautiful in summer when powder eye shadows look too chalky outdoors.

so said...

The color on the model looks really orange. That's what makes her eyes look so blue. I have blue eyes but tend to go more cooler colors. I just don't like orange colors on the face for me because they don't look natural. My natural lip color is mauve though occasionally I use a pink that might have a little orange in it if I wear an outfit with those colors but in it. I like the way it looks on the model though.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

I absolutely LOVE Sunshower. It's fun being so totally surprised.

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents,

I think the quality is similar.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I can't resist these delights either. I buy most of the shades and haunt the Shiseido counter for new ones. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi So,

I don't think Sunshower will make your eyelids look orange. It's a nice neutral shade.

Charlestongirl said...

Good point, LilyBiscuit!

Lisa said...

Very Pretty!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa,

Did it make your wish list? :)