Saturday, March 31, 2012

SEPHORA COLLECTION Harmony Face Powder in Let's Dance

Introduced in tandem with Sephora's super-hit Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Collection, but not actually part of that collection, SEPHORA COLLECTION Harmony Face Powder in Let's Dance ($24) is a multipurpose face powder in tangerine hues. Intuition told me to order it. Sometimes, my hunches turn out to be great. Sephora's photo of it looks so-so. It's really gorgeous.

You can blush, get bronze, highlight, and contour with this versatile, all-in-one powder inspired by Tangerine Tango, the Pantone Color of the Year. The palette of warm hues is the perfect way to wear the season's top shades. What's more, this palette is humongous. When I opened my box from Sephora, my first thought was, "What's that black saucer doing in there?" Let's Dance is 4.5 inches in diameter - an amazing value at $24.

You'll find yourself using all colors blended for a luminous glow. The stripes of color are so large, though, you can easily apply them individually to create different looks. The paraben-free, talc-free formula contains volcanic clay for a soft, comfortable wear you'll love. I've been blown away by the quality of the most recent Sephora-brand products. Since nearly anyone can get this week's V.I.B. discount, you might want to order it now. See below for details.

The powder is sheer, with buildable coverage. As usual, I applied it heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full sun. The top and largest swatch was composed using all the shades. I ran the applicator vertically from the top to bottom of the palette. I think I love it! It's not just "like." It's definitely shimmery (all the shades are), but shimmer doesn't scare me.

The second shade down on my arm is the shade that looks brown in the compact. The third shade is a blend of the pink and peach shades directly above the brown shade in the compact. The shade at the bottom of my arm, the lightest swatch, is the light flesh peach shade at the bottom of the palette. It's very sheer, which is why you won't see much color in that swatch.

Once again, I find myself urging you to check out Sephora's latest. The limited-edition Let's Dance reminds me of Bobbie Brown's Shimmer Brick for Body - in size, but not in price. Bobbi's three-stripe color scheme is different, but that's a minor detail (smile).

About the V.I.B. discount for Chic Week. If you are a V.I.B. (frequent flier), you already know there's a 15% discount promotion rolling. I keep a second Sephora account, one that I seldom use. It's not a V.I.B. account. Yesterday, they offered "that account" the discount if I joined the Beauty Insider program. So, if you want the discount, and you're not a V.I.B., join the Beauty Insider program online and and use the code CHIC. Let us know if that works for you. It should.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

lizzybee said...

I love it!! Been searching high and low for something like this for the upcoming warm weather season, and have been reluctant to fork out all the bucks everyone requires, but this is amazing and I totally trust your discerning taste, Charlestongirl- you have great advisement skill for face powders!! Thank you to you and Sephora. xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Beth. Thanks! I was so amazed by the size of this one, and with the big stripes of color, it's very flexible for mixing and matching. Can't beat that for $24.

Anonymous said...

This looks so very pretty and I'm so impressed that you can have fun with each individual colour as well. I must check the Canadian price point now. Thank you for telling us about this! These are really my colours.

lovethescents at work :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents,

I looked up the currency rate recently, and it should be roughly the same in Canada.