Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks - Part 2

I'm resigned to the fact that I must continue to show you the new Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks ($30) in multiple features. By the time I get home from the office, I've lost valuable sunlight hours and can only get swatch photos of one product - or in today's case, three lipsticks. So, let's look at three more of my newest treasures.

From left to right above, the shades are Plum 601 (Tulip Noire), Plum 602 (Black Lacquer), and Coral 300 (Acid Tangerine). I thought the shades would look good together on my arm.

It's amazingly difficult to line up these lipsticks like little toy soldiers. Because of the magnetic feature that allows the cases to snap closed elegantly, the tubes want to stick to each other. They move when I try to line them up. I've never had that happen before. I tried to take photos with the Armani logo face forward, not haphazardly as they appear in my photo.

Here's quick recap on the formula. Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipstick features a fabulous creamy texture, feather light and translucent, as hydrating as a balm. They are beautifully hydrating on the lips. The brilliant bold colors are sheer, and completely wearable. Don't be mislead by how the colors look in the tube - try them!

A cutting-edge color formulation process, the Color Shine Moisture Polymer, a revolutionary component, is able to retain twice its volume of water and said to enhance color luminosity while locking in hydration on the lip surface for over eight hours. I can't tell you that they make my lips feel hydrated for hours after the color wears away, but they feel nice and creamy while the color is apparent.

Here are swatches, with Plum 601 at the top of my arm, Plum 602 in the middle, and Coral 600 at the bottom. My photos were taken in late-afternoon sunlight with a variety of backdrops.

Plum 601 is pinker than Plum 602. I could never have chosen only one of the three Plum shades, so I'm glad I bought all three (See Plum 600 in yesterday's swatch photos). As soon as I can, I'll swatch all three Plums together.

Coral 600 is extremely sheer and very pretty on the lips. It definitely looks pastel orange on my lips, unlike some orange glosses that give a slight orange tint to otherwise light rose lips. Acid Tangerine is a great name for Coral 600. I love the way it makes my blue eyes pop. It warms my entire face, and I'd recommend it to orange lovers and skeptics alike. I won't hesitate to wear it, unless I'm wearing a bright pink jacket, and I tend to avoid orange. I'm glad I've jumped out of that box.

Tomorrow, I'll show you the two remaining shades I haven't photographed, assuming I have adequate sunlight when I need it. Then, I'll group the shades and show you each color family with its sister shades (with the exception of the Corals - I only purchased one of them).

See a shade you like? You can find the Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks at Armani Beauty's Web site and Neiman Marcus counters. I'm still waiting for that call from Saks.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

morelikespace said...

Not that I generally need the help with plum shades, but you've pretty much sold me on 600-602 inclusive. And I'm sure I'll need at least one from each of the other families...

Charlestongirl said...

Good decision, Kate! I think all three Plums are mandatory. :)

Unknown said...

HUSH!

Evelyn said...

600 is very sweetly calling my name! hehehe I have to plan out my next makeup purchases to snap up a few of these.

jyz said...

Nice swatch! :) Im your new follower from Beauty Blog Coaliton in FB :)

bisbee said...

Off to order 601 and 602! Wearing 600 right now...

Looking forward to your additional swatches!

Anonymous said...

I can't find Coral 600 on the website, is it sold out? Or is it in the Orange category? Thank you!
Natalie

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, Armani's Web site puts it in the orange category, but the box calls it Coral 300. Wish they could synch these things up!

Charlestongirl said...

Bisbee, our sky is entirely cloudy. Ma be tomorrow if things don't change here.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, JYZ!

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

Definitely stop by the counter to experience the colors. They are so gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

PP,

Just remember, I'd rather have a new lipstick than lunch!

Anonymous said...

Hi...get yourself some cat sand...I know you have that...or some sand or salt...put it in the top of a show box lid...then line your "dificult" pieces in them...keeps them in place...love your blog! It makes my life better....

Charlestongirl said...

Never thought of that, Anonymous, but how does kitty litter overcome magnetic forces? :)

Anonymous said...

I've always been more of a gloss kind of girl, but i would like to try some lipsticks. I've read your review on the clinique almost lipsticks and loved every single shade of the bunch! Could you tell the differences between those and the armani's sheer lipsticks? Maybe the last ones deliver more color?
By the way, your blog is amazingly helpful!
Thank you!

Nancy Pierson said...

I finally jumped on the band wagon today and ordered two of them online. I got 2 of the plums 601 and 602
Do you think it is dumb that I got two plums? do they look pretty much the same on the lips? I want to get a Pink also maybe 500 or 501 not sure which one.

Charlestongirl said...

Hmm, Nancy, if it were dumb, then I guess I'm dumb. :)

Nancy Pierson said...

You convinced me to get all the Plums and I Love each one. Plus I got Ripe, Acid Tangerine, and 502 Blush. I am not feeling the Blush one I think it does not show up on me enough ... wish I had got 501 instead.