Thursday, March 8, 2012

New: Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Venus from Spring 2012 Electric Blues Look by Dick Page

When I saw the Electric Blues Look by Dick Page for Shiseido's Spring 2012 introductions, I knew I had to have that lipstick. Bold and vivacious, the divine Shimmering Rouge in Venus (RS619) ($25) is a new shade. For the model's look, a lip liner was used for additional definition. Even without it, Venus would have popped her eyes.

I ordered Venus from Sephora, where it's only available online. When it arrived, I worried that it might be too dark for me (with my conservative fear of bold lip colors). It isn't too dark, but it is a special-occasion lipstick for me. I love the color, but I don't think I'll wear it to work. I don't feel comfortable leading with my lips.

Venus is a drop-dead gorgeous color, and because Shimmering Rouge is sheer, it doesn't scare me as much as it might in an opaque formulation. I've worn it in a single, lightly applied application.

The rosy fuchsia shade with a touch of plum is an attention getter. It offers color, shine, hydration, and long-lasting color. I took my photos in full sun, No amount of light could wash out Venus. I'm sure the inspiration was the Roman goddess of love and beauty - not the planet.

When I want to reach for a lipstick with pizazz, I'll reach for Venus. It gives my face much-needed color, and it makes my eyes pop blue. I love the shine that's inherent to Shiseido's Shimmering Rouge, but if you want to add a gloss topper, you'll have some fun options. I tried it with a silver-white gloss and loved it! It softened the look too.

You can find all of the new Shiseido products at Shiseido's Web site, where shipping is free with a purchase of $50 or more. You can also find the colors - new and "old" at Sephora. I bought a blush too. Hopefully, I'll be able to show it to you tomorrow.

Photos at top courtesy of Shiseido; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is right up my alley! =o)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

You know where to find it. :)

Joolz said...

Hi CG! Well, I finally purchased my first two shimmering rouges. I purchased Venus from Sephora, so it was sight unseen for me as well.
I agree with you that Venus is not an everyday color. On me, it's quite pigmented and while beautiful, it's quite bold! I will probably venture to wear it more after I've tanned.
I also purchased Brocade! I'm a bit uncertain about the color because I need to see it daylight, but under the lights in Macys, I like it.
I think I may also purchase Temptress which is a very wearable red!

Anonymous said...

I have tried all 7 new shades and Venus is really a gorgeous colour. I hesitated first but it's always better to try it on the lips! Love Venus! So happy shade! ; )