Sunday, November 21, 2010

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners in Silver Spoon and Tidal Rave

I've loved Benefit Cosmetics' Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners ($19) since they were introduced. I must have half of the shades available, and I troll Sephora regularly looking for new shades. I hit the jackpot recently, finding four new shades. Better still, it was during a Sephora promotion, so I got a 20% discount.

My selections were Silver Spoon (a true silver) and Tidal Wave (a muted teal with gold shimmer). I'm delighted with them. The other two shades are Icy Shot (icy white) and Purple Snap (lavender violet).

With their crease-proof, smudge-proof formula, these cream eye shadows can double as liners. I'll admit, I use them only as shadows. I love the way they apply easily with either a synthetic brush or my fingers, and they stay on all day. I can build the color, applying a little for work or a little more for evening. The shadows are sheer, allowing me full control over the intensity on my eyelids.

Here's a photo of the two pots. You'll have to trust me that Silver Spoon on the left is really silver. There was something about the morning sunlight that gave it a pink cast. You can see how muted the teal shade is. I really love it.

I swatched the shades onto my arm with my fingers. I really like to finger paint with these Benefit goodies. It's so fast! I applied the shadows lightly, the way I like to wear them during daylight hours. I took my photo in full sun in the morning. The full sun gives a glittery effect to the photo, but these shades gleam - no glitter. Silver Spoon is applied at top, Tidal Rave below.

There are many shades of Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner I like. Current favorites are Birthday Suit, R.S.V.P., Tattle Tale, and Skinny Jeans.

You can find these lovely cream shadows at Sephora and Benefit Cosmetics. Some Macy's stores have them too.

Benefit always has whimsical messages in its boxes. I like the one that came with Tidal Rave.

Want perfect posture? Wear more makeup!

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

4 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I love these, too. I find they really stay in place on my oily/sweaty menopausal crazy lids! I have "Get Figgy", "Birthday Suit" and "Flatter Me" and I wouldn't mind buying more!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mama Val!

I'm glad to hear they stay on oily lids too! Nice shadows, nice price! Mine have lasted well too; I just make sure I screw the lid on tight.

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

Oh no! I love Benefit Creaseless Eyseshadows! Now there's more temptation this Xmas! I hope these don't reach my shores so soon. But they are lovely as always! Thanks for the head's up!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Abby, be on the lookout. You don't want them to arrive after the holidays when you're "broke" like the rest of us. :)