Monday, November 22, 2010

Le Métier de Beauté True Color Eye Shadow

Every time I go to a Le Métier de Beauté counter, I buy more True Color Eye Shadow ($30). During the recent Holiday Beauty Soiree at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie, I continued my newest habit, picking up two more: Spicy and Mulberry. Pretty soon, I'll have them all! Each time I hang out at the Le Métier de Beauté counter, I buy a few and add a few more to my wish list.

Santa, how about just dropping them all off for Christmas? Can you even imagine? A Le Métier de Beauté holiday courtesy of a savvy Santa. He could slide down my chimney with one of everything from the line. That would be the best Christmas gift of my life.

True Color Eye Shadow provides outstanding color payoff with weightless, true-to-color pigments. The shadows are sheer, providing adjustable coverage, with transparency or intensity, depending on the shade you select. The shadows are available in a range of finishes - matte, shimmer, and satin.
  • Matte: A smooth, velvety texture offering full coverage without sheen
  • Satin: A rich, silk-like consistency offering sheer coverage with a subtle sheen
  • Shimmer: A refined, pearl-like texture offering full coverage with maximum sheen
The powder eye shadows are creamy, offering a luxurious finish and smooth coverage. Each elegant, black compact has a mirror. I can add these two to my beloved Corinthian to create my much-loved neutral-toned looks.

Spicy, shown at left in my photo above, has a gorgeous shimmer finish. It is much more intense than Mulberry, shown above at right. Mulberry has a satin finish, and it's very sheer. I consider it the perfect everyday neutral.

To show you the huge difference in these two "brown-toned" shadows, I swatched them with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photo in full sun. Spicy, shown at the top of the swatches, applies quickly with one swipe, giving me a bright, shimmering copper look. Love it! Mulberry is a very cool brown with just a slight hint of pink. The shade looks nothing like it looks on the Web on those little swatches, which make it look lavender. Dustin Lujan, Le Métier de Beauté national makeup artist and representative, says that Mulberry is too cool for many women. He said it's a difficult shade for women with warm-toned skin to wear; they have better choices from the many shades available in this fabulous eye shadow collection.

I thought Mulberry was perfect for me, and he (and Lisa Lingis) concurred that it would work nicely on my cool-toned, fair skin. I didn't even try it on my eyelids at the store; I knew I would love it from a quick swatch. To get the color intensity for this photo, I swiped the applicator across my arm four times. The color built with each swipe, and I finally stopped, knowing when it was time for its photo op. It's that light and sheer!

Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman show 32 shades of True Color Eye Shadow available on their Web sites. Nordstrom shows 33. There's a shade for every taste, look, and skin tone. I need to show you the other Le Métier de Beauté True Color Eye Shadow treasures I purchased in October. I promise I will do that soon.

Le Métier de Beauté is available at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and Nordstrom (online only). It appears that Le Métier de Beauté will soon have its own Web site. It has been under construction for the few months since I started checking.

You might want to consider these luxurious shadows at Neiman Marcus this week, when you will receive a nice clutch bag with fragrances samples with an $85 purchase in the beauty department - or during In Circle in December, when there will be gifts with purchase galore.

Photos by BTiB

13 comments:

Leigh said...

Glad you swatched the mulberry shadow before I made the mistake of ordering it! I'm just about to give up completely on LMdB because of the difference between their colors and my computer - - I'll save my purchases for when I see them in person.

All the best to you, your mom, and the furs!

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

drool

Miss Brahms said...

I got Corinthian based on your suggestion, and I LOVE IT. I am so glad that I have you to try these things for me and winnow out the stuff I don't need - I feel like I have my own personal shopper!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh,

The swatches on the Web are beyond terrible. It's too bad makeup companies haven't figured out a better way. In person is always best, but you know I buy a lot sight unseen. It's the hazard of Web shopping. I'm very popular, though, when I give the stuff away.

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too! I will tell Mom. I've never heard the kids referred to as "the furs." Love it! Made me laugh out loud. I'm about to go hug the fur boy.

Reminds me of a little photo I have in my hallway to the porch. "Cats are little people with fur and fangs." :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lizzard, yep, it's a drool. Good expression!

Miss Brahms, I can envision a new career. Actually, I would love to be a personal shopper, but wouldn't it be a blast to be a makeup shopper?

MarciaF said...

I bought a few LMdB online even though I knew the swatches were horrible. I do find Mulberry (one I bought online) a little hard to wear but I still couldn't resist it.
I talked to Mikey Castillo about the swatches and told him that he needs to convince the company to work on those for customers.

Charlestongirl said...

It is an unfortunate aspect of shopping online, Marcia. Best to call a store if we are uncertain. :)

Eileen said...

Spice is one of my all time favorites even though it is quite shimmery. It brings out the warmth in my dark, moss green eyes. And, even though it's a very warm color, it looks beautiful with blue eyes. I can easily imagine how striking it must be on you.

As for Corinthian, it is one of the most beautiful, unique, and versatile taupes that I have ever owned. I love to wear Corinthian on the lid with a color like Fig (deep, warm purple/plum) concentrated along the lash line and then blended up into it. It also works well with Lapis (deep sapphire blue) as the lash line color. It combines beautifully with Chanel's Enigma quad. It can be used on it's own for a soft, neutral eye. Corinthian is all that and more. That's the fun thing with LMdB, you can layer and mix to your heart's content to create beautiful effects.

Have you tried Steel Blue? I can't help but think that a soft, sheer wash of that color would look lovely on you. In the pan it looks like a strong aqua, but it is similar to Mulberry in that it is very sheer. On the lid it takes on a luminous pearl glow that is quite soft and feminine--no need to worry about blue lids :-)

It's a real shame that the swatches on-line are so far off the mark. I'm lucky in that there is a Neiman's close by that has a LMdB counter, but for all you lovely ladies who can't get to one, the on-line experience is probably very frustrating. There's really no excuse for the poor color swatches that are rampant amongst the cosmetic lines.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, sometimes Blogger has a mind of its own. I deleted the duplicate. :)

Corinthian is one of the most exciting shades I own, and now I'll be on the hunt for Steel Blue. I don't have it - yet.

I think it's time one of us invent a beauty swatch method and patent it!

sparklehead said...

I was just day-dreaming about owning them all! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has "what if I owned them all?!" fantasies!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Sparklehead!

We can dream...only beauty addicts go to bed at night thinking about things like owning all the shadows in a collection. It's such a soothing thought - more relaxing than anti-anxiety drugs! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl
I am about to order Le Metier de Beaute Soft Touch Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 but I am very incertain concerning the color to order
Have you tried this product ?
Which color is darker : number 1 or number 2
Thanks so much for your help and for your terrific blog
Best regards

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

#1 is more golden, and #2 is more pink in tone.

#1 looks lighter and brighter.

What are your skin undertones?