Monday, November 15, 2010

M·A·C A Tartan Tale - The Swinging Violets Mineralize Kit - Nordstrom Exclusive

I have a darling new box for my eyeliners - oh and some nice makeup too! On Saturday, I purchased M·A·C's The Swinging Violets Mineralize Kit ($49.50), which is exclusive to Nordstrom. There are other similar boxes from M·A·C, in different makeup colorways, but after looking at them online, I'm glad I was able to buy this one.

Did I purchase the set for the case? Maybe. Am I happy with it. Yes! I will use the Paint Pot, half of the eye shadow, and play with the mascara and Lipglass. The box? It's about to be put into use. Given my love for tartan plaids, I will enjoy my "pretty little tin box."

Nordstrom says, "Nothing looks so swingingly it than a mineralized hint of violet against lush black! Find it here in the look created by Earthly Riches Mineralize Eyeshadow, Bare Study Paint Pot, Icescape Lipglass, and Zoomblack Zoom Lash mascara, presented in a tartan tin." The beautiful crest is centered on the top of the box, giving it a very classy look.

My favorite item in the kit is the Bare Study Paint Pot - hands down a gorgeous color. Paint Pots are long-wearing creamy eye colors that dry to a vibrant finish. Paint Pots satisfy my love of cream shadows nicely. Bare Study is a soft beige with gold pearl in a frost finish. I could have purchased it alone for $16.50, but I wouldn't have the box. I love the box. For good reason!

The Mineralize Eye Shadow in Earthly Riches has two shades in one pan - a grey and a plum. The plum is way too plum for my tastes in eye shadow, but the grey is gorgeous. Icescape Lipglass is pretty - an icy pink that will play well over lipstick (too light to wear alone). Zoomblack Zoom mascara? I'll try it. It will be difficult for it to displace my favorite mascaras, but I'll play with it. Zoom Lash is said to have a creamy, velvety formula that builds density and conditions. M·A·C says it feels light and supple on the lashes, so I might actually like it. If I do, I'll report in later.

My swatch photo was taken in full afternoon sun and shows the items, all applied with a sponge-tipped applicator. The Bare Study Paint Pot is shown at the top, a beautiful gold on my eyelids - one of my favorite eye-opening colors. The next two shades are the Earthly Riches eye shadow. The deep grey is very pretty. The plum is not my best color. You can barely see the icy pink Lipglass at the bottom of the photo. It does add a nice liquid gleam to any lip color. Then there's that beautiful box. Do I sound obsessed with the box?

M·A·C has two of its own exclusive Mineralize Kits: Glamorous Mineralize Kit, with a lovely eye shadow duo in Noble Touch and My Scottish Fling. My Scottish Fling is just too pink for me. That's why I'm so happy the Nordstrom kit was available. I think I got the best one.

The Swinging Violets is available at Nordstrom stores and online. M·A·C still has its kits. Interested?

I'm waiting for my M·A·C online order to arrive. When it does, I'll show you the rest of the story.

Photos at top courtesy of M·A·C

4 comments:

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I wanted the box but I have the interior already. It's a nice set if you don't have those though.

h-factor v 2.0 said...

sorry if this is a repeat question, but can you tell me if the items in this particular set are full-sized? i appreciate it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi,

The Lipglass and mascara are not full-sized, although the Lipglass is fairly large.

h-factor v 2.0 said...

mmm...yeah, gonna get it, the tin's adorable. thank you for your help!