Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weekend Roundup - November 27

After a busy week of Thanksgiving in the U.S. and Black Friday shopping, we're here to help you sort through all the best in beauty. Forget the crowds, sit back next to a crackling fire, and enjoy beauty land right from your own home!

The Non-Blonde Gaia couldn't resist Guerlain's Rouge G le Brilliant in B64, Bee, a limited-edition holiday lipstick - from its mirrored bee packaging to the tempting, luscious color inside. That gal has great taste in lipstick! Bee lured me too (but I bought Betsy), and my coloring is very different from Gaia's. It's gorgeous with a capital "G"! Gaia also finished up her Outlaw Project. Scroll through The Non-Blonde to read about these unique fragrances.

Kari hit her holiday shopping early, and you could be the one to benefit. She's giving away a fabulous Estée Lauder makeup set in a holiday red Coach makeup bag. Make sure to enter at Fab Over Forty!

Kelly at Gouldylox Reviews has been taking us along on her hair-changing ride. Find out how Peter Lamas helped her perfect her new hair style and lose the frizz. Make sure to check out the Peter Lamas weekend discount special at this link. We're all about special offers this weekend!

Hmm, olive oil and Saran Wrap...you can combine two kitchen stapes this weekend to prep your hair for the holidays. Check out BeautyXposé, where Anne gives step-by-step directions.

Barely past the start of the holiday season, and we're on to spring beauty at The Beauty Look Book! Sabrina showed us the latest release of Chanel nail polish, a happy color called Riva. Will it become a cult favorite, like so many Chanel shades?

Have you ever gone shopping for shoes and walked away with a beauty product you just couldn't resist? Let me count the times! That's what happened to Debbi at Diva Debbi this week. Find out what Bobbi Brown set ended up in her "getaway bag."

Jane at Daly Beauty knows her fragrance requirements. Read what's in CREED's Tubereuse Indiana - why it's one of her favorites. You may be tempted too. I'm on a CREED roll, having just spent close to $400. I'm ready to spend more, and now I have to check out Tubereuse Indiana! Gee, thanks, Jane.

Love M·A·C? Carla has the 411 on the new Pink Friday lipstick at Product Girl. It looks better on her than Nicki Minaj!

Here at Best Things in Beauty, I shared with you my purchasing habits. I buy a few Le Métier de Beauté True Color Eye Shadows every time I visit the counter, hoping to own them all one day. On a recent visit, I came home with a range of natural tones. Yesterday, I bought an entire grey look, and I hope to feature it soon - just need sunlight for swatching.

Don't forget to enter my two giveaway contests! The first one, for Stila's Holiday Blockbuster Set ends at midnight tonight. The second, a special Black Friday giveaway of the new Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow, the one everyone wants, ends Sunday at 5:00 ET.

Happy weekend - and happy shopping!

Photo courtesy of spotsnstripes.org - Elwood is a Bengal

7 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

I will have to check out Tubereuse Indiana by Creed - I love tuberose scents, such as Jasmine Tuberose Private Collection by Estee Lauder, and of course, Fracas by Robert Piguet. Lucky me - I get to go to work today to try it on! For right now, though, LOVING spritizing on Jasmal when I arrive at work - my former favorite was Jasmin Emparatrice Eugenie. I love Creed fragrances not just because of the gorgeous, one-of-a-kind soulful scents, imbued with real essence of ambergris and essential flower oils - but because there is history behind each scent. Created for heads of state, royalty and worn by today's celebrities, when I wear Creed fragrances I really feel conneected to history. It makes me feel special, as well - to know that we've progressed enough in our egalitarian society that I can afford to wear the same thing as Queen Victoria did!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Brahms! I mixed Jasmin Emparatrice Eugenie with Jasmal yesterday, and I loved the result! Try it.

I'm getting ready to do a CREED feature, thanks to my friends at NM!

Charlestongirl said...

Is Elwood adorable, or what?

Lucy said...

What breed of cat - he is simply adorable!!

Charlestongirl said...

He's a Bengal, Lucy. My Charlie is a Bengal too.

Bengals were bred from Asian Leopard Cats. They come in different colors and patterns, but they are best known for their spots and rosettes. Google them, and you'll see their incredible beauty.

They are sociable, talkative, and athletic. They act more like dogs than cats. :)

Unknown said...

i thought it was a baby leopard until i looked closer! cute kitty

Charlestongirl said...

That tickled me, Anna! Bengals do look like leopards. They are little wild cats too - not that far along the breeding lines from the wild cats. Charlie has the wild boy behavior!