Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shopping with Charlestongirl - Part 2

Even before we've had a Thanksgiving dinner, some of us are planning our weekend shopping. Hey - a shopper has to plan, particularly for Black Friday when aimless shopping can place you in a frenzied crowd. Nothing wrong with that - if you like frenzied crowds and don't fear being crushed or bruised - but I prefer fast, efficient, focused, and jostle-free shopping.

After a quick, very early foray to Leesburg Corner, I'll be headed to Neiman Marcus - two of them! I'll be starting at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie for Black Friday Breakfast. Mazza really knows how to host a party!

Here is your invitation (from my friends at Mazza and me) in case you'll be within 100 miles of DC. If not, read on for other opportunities below.

DON’T BE LEFT IN THE DARK!

JOIN NEIMAN MARCUS MAZZA FOR A LUXE MORNING OF SHOPPING AND SIPPING AND RECEIVE A $50 GIFT CARD WITH A $100 OR GREATER PURCHASE!

Enjoy breakfast bites, gourmet coffee, and mimosas to invigorate you for shopping, starting at 9:00 am! Mimosas? Did they anticipate the key to my heart? The champagne flows at Mazza - oh, and the nibbles are great too!

The first 50 people (to purchase, I assume) are eligible to win our "Black Friday Beauty Basket Valued" at $500, It contains new fragrances, beauty palettes, and relaxing body products, just in time to pamper yourself for the holidays! I can never enter the Best Things in Beauty drawings (for obvious reasons), but I can enter this! I'm there! Mazza puts together heavenly gift baskets.

To be eligible for the $50 gift card, you have to spend $100 or more between 9:00 and 2:00 on Friday only. Just think, spend only $100, and you get what amounts to a 50% discount (to be used later - anytime up to December 5). Is that a deal or what? You get a nice gift card, and the store gets you back for a little more gift shopping or retail therapy.

When I leave Mazza, I will be going straight to Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria. Yep, two Neiman Marcus forays in one day! At Tysons, Kathy Shoreman, SA extraordinaire, will be ringing my pre-selected purchases. No matter where you live, you should be offered the same $50 gift card opportunity at "your Neiman Marcus." It will be a great morning to go!

When I finish my Neiman Marcus shopping, I'll be headed home to shop online. I have so many offers to share with you, I'll do it later this morning. Right now, I have to run out (yes at 6:00 am) to buy some orange juice. It was poor planning on my part to be without one of the staples of life on a holiday weekend.

Photo courtesy of wikimedia

2 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

Thanks Charlestongirl - and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and Mom! Just watching the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - Holiday Season 2010 has officially begun!
With that said, for those of you taking advantage of the special Black Friday event at either Neiman's location, some gift-y items to suggest for you - The NEST Holiday candles are divine. Created by Laura Slatkin, all of the candles are the most lusciously scented candles I've ever tried, and that includes Diptyque. The NEST holiday candle collection includes a tealight set, a votive in a golden glass holder, a large candle in a festive gold-striped holder, a three-wick large candle, and a set with a silver cup to place the candle in. The scent is simply Christmas - blending pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber.
Caswell-Massey has created a new line of luxury soaps, hand washes and hand lotions exclusive to Neiman's, all natural, no parabens or pthalates, in Ocean, Verbena, Lavender & Violet, Fresh Cut Flowers, and Oatmeal - and a special signature BLACK soap, called ONYX - a unisex soap that is as gorgeous to look at as it is to smell.
What do I want for Christmas? Well, Santa - how about a Clarisonic or a Clarisonic Opal? Are you reading this? :) I want an at-home facial, every night, and that is what the Clarisonic provides - not just cleansing, but stimulating my capillaries and my facial muscles as well. And Clarisonic and FRESH have teamed up to provide a special set packed with FRESH Soy cleanser and Black Tea Mask - for that facial experience.
Well, time to put the turkey in the oven - Charlestongirl, see you tomorrow - the rest of you, happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Shopping! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you - and Happy Shopping! :)

MissBrahms, I may have to buy ONYX. My one whiff was divine!

There is a 20% off sale right now on Clarisonic at SkinStore!