Sunday, November 7, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow for Holiday 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty's newest eye shadows have arrived! The subject of much speculation, the new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Collection for Holiday 2010 ($32 each) gives us a taste of a much larger collection that's coming in the spring. Giorgio Armani is previewing its unique, high-tech approach to blended color with these new shadows. The innovative hybrid texture, which is not a powder, nor a cream, acts like a smooth, lasting color film. The formula is composed of an unprecedented association between binder elements and pearls that creates exceptional luminosity, depth, and intensity of color. A high-resistance bi-polymer enables the formula to perfectly fit the contour of the eyelid, with cushiony suppleness, for comfortable, long wear.

A harmony of blended black cut-metal shades sets a smoky eye on fire with gold, copper, or silver-grey shimmer. Apply dry or wet to obtain any finish from satin to lacquer, subtle to dramatic. Offering 24-hour wear, the new Eyes to Kill shadows are waterproof and sweat-proof. They slide on and stay on, but wipe off in an instant. Applied wet or dry with fingers or a brush, Armani's Color-Fil color matrix formula blends and layers without creasing or flaking.

There will be many new shades of Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow available in the spring. Now, though, you can experience a preview with Black (13), Copper/Black Grey (15), and Silver/Black Grey (16). I was able to pick up these three colors on Friday, and I got swatches for you then.

Shown on my arm, top to bottom at right, are Copper/Black Grey, Black, and Silver/Black Grey. I applied each with a sponge-tipped applicator to get a very heavy swipe of color, and my photo at right was taken in sun. This is the color at its most intense, when you treat it like a cream.

When applied like a powder with a brush, the character of the shadows is entirely different. They are much more subtle and very wearable. The black applies as charcoal, the copper shade as an antique gold (my favorite), and the grey as metallic silver.

I haven't had time to play with these as much as I would have liked. I haven't applied them with a wet brush, but I think I'm going to prefer the softer look they provide when applied dry with a brush. I did have time to apply them on my arm with a brush, and they "behaved" like powder shadows. The photo at left, taken in full sun, shows the difference in color intensity between sponge-tipped application and shadow brush application. The colors at left were brushed on fairly heavily, but you can see that they add a sheer shimmer to the lid. The copper shade is a must-have for me. So is the silver. It applies with a light application as a sheer, shimmering silver - so pretty with grey clothing. The black shade will only work for me as a liner.

Loyd Cassler at Saks experimented with them on a model when they arrived. Applying them with Armani's shadow and brushes, he used the black shade as a liner and smudged it on the outer corner of the lid. He used the silver on the rest of the lid, particularly on the center. He said the look was gorgeous. I would like to have seen it, but I will recreate it on myself soon.

You can see these shadows at Saks and any Giorgio Armani Beauty counter or the online site.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

12 comments:

UCJack said...

Gorgeous! I love the gold!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi UCJack, it is a beautiful color. I love it too!

Gaby said...

I will try to go to the Mazza event on Wednesday and check these out. Also what do do you think of the Eye to Kill excess, better than the regular?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gabriela,

Hope to see you too, but you will have to go up the street to Saks to get Armani Beauty. Neiman Marcus doesn't carry it.

I haven't tried Eyes to Kill Excess yet. Hope to this week. I love Eyes to Kill so much, I wanted to see and try the "oomph" version in the store before I purchased. When I was at Saks Friday, I totally forgot it! I'll go back this week. Please let us know if you try it.

pinkribbons said...

These look delectable! I think the copper one is the winner out of the bunch.

Eileen said...

That Copper/Black Gray is really stunning. The silver combination is gorgeous, too, but appears to be way too cool for me. Does the "black gray" mean the color is a blackened gray? If so, I bet the look Loyd created with the blackened gray smudged up and into a wash of subtly blackened silver was drop dead gorgeous--sterling perfection for a glam night out. I could kick myself now for having let these beauties slip my mind when I was at the counter this past week. I would have loved to have seen them and experienced the new formulation. I guess I'll just have to go back :-)

On another note, I hope that you've gotten some much deserved rest and that you are all feeling more peaceful. I'm sure we're all still sending those positive thoughts your way.

MarciaF said...

The copper one looks really pretty. Even though they are so shimmery they don't look glittery on your hand. How would you describe the texture when you touch these?

Charlestongirl said...

Pinkribbons and Marcia,

The copper is definitely my favorite of the three. I'd zero in on that one. I have seen photos of the spring line of colors, and the range looks gorgeous.

They are shiny, but not glittery. The copper can apply down to an antique gold cast that's stunning.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, oh darn...another shopping trip! :)

After spending the whole weekend in the hospital, Mom was able to go home last night. I was worried that her BP is very unstable, OK when she came home, but then low again later. I'm headed out to buy a more professional BP machine this morning. And, I need to get her in to see either her doc (who we would like to replace) with a good doc ASAP. Mom's long-time doc is very sweet, but it's just too hard to go there and wait for one hour plus for each visit.

I must still be overly worn out because my body hasn't made the switch to standard time. I just got up, sure it was 4:30, but it was 3:30. Sigh. Cats were pleased.

Eileen said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is home again. I'm sure she feels more secure and at peace in a home environment. Hopefully, you'll be able to get that blood pressure stabilized. But don't forget yourself, Charlestongirl. Take good care of yourself so that you can take good care of your mom. Find a moment to put your feet up and maybe one of the cats will come purr in your lap. I can think of no better tonic.

Oh darn, indeed! Another shopping trip is definitely necessary; especially after seeing your post about the golden beige powder compact. I'm such a sucker for finishing powders!

Charlestongirl said...

"That cat Charlie" has come often for snuggles. He missed me all those hours I wasn't home this weekend. It's nice he noticed. :) Just kidding - Bengals are very social cats. He felt deprived.

Eileen, force yourself - go shopping! :) I sure plan to on Wednesday when Neiman Marcus has its Best Things in Beauty event.

The silver shade is very cool. It is a smokier shade on the eyelids than it is on my arm.

However, and this is a big however, this morning my eyelids started stinging (immediately) when I applied it. There is one red pigment in it (hard to believe in silver), and that may be the red dye to which I'm allergic. I will try again when I'm not so wiped out. If it stings again, back it goes.

Dlori said...

I saw these when they were released and it was love at first sight, the kind of love you'd trad your first born for if offered the complete set of 3. I like the black the least and my favorite, like you, is the gold. These are so beautiful. I've seen a few companies try to imitate this look but they simply can't compare to these beauties. And what girl does not LOVE gold. I wish I lived a hop, skip and a jump from you so I could enjoy these beautiful outtings with another cosmetic junkie. The security guards would have to kick us out of the stores and I suspect I'd be living on one meal a week just to have my gorgeous make up.These armani eyeshadows are innovative, classy and far different than anything I've yet to see on the market. I hope they come out in many more color selections.

Dlori