Monday, November 8, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Gold Rush Palette for Holiday 2010

Just in time for the holiday season, Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced a stunning golden powder highlighter. The Gold Rush Palette ($55) is pretty on the outside and pretty on the inside.

The soft, universal golden beige, sheer, shimmering powder lights up the face and décolleté with an irresistible gold-cut glow. The sleek, pale gold and black lacquered signature compact adds a sparkling note to this beautiful palette.

Since the Armani Web site doesn't show the powder - only the compact, I took a photo of the inside of the compact. The photo at right was taken outside in strong light, but it makes the color look at little dull. It's not at all dull; it's an extremely pretty golden beige. I was excited when I saw it in person at Saks.

I never thought I would be able to get a photo of the powder on my arm, assuming it would blend right in, leaving only a glow. So I applied the powder heavily with a sponge - not a powder or blush brush that I would normally use to apply a highlighting powder.

The photo at left was taken yesterday in full sun. It does show the powder - a swath across my arm if you look carefully (a downward slanting line left to right). Hopefully, you can see a subtle, shimmering, gold. That's how it applies on my skin. It's not too sparkly - simply pretty. I love it!

You can purchase the Gold Rush Palette at Giorgio Armani Beauty Web site, Saks (I bought one at Saks in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and my online order finally arrived), select Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus stores, and Armani's own counters too. This one's worth your attention. I think the price is very reasonable for a luxury makeup line.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

No comments: