Saturday, November 6, 2010

Giorgio Armani Beauty Lip Skin Liquid Lip Color for Holiday 2010

We had been told to expect opaque stains. Instead, what we got were fabulous, sheer lip stains that will work for everyone. Apparently Giorgio Armani Beauty can't even synch up their product names - Lip Skin on the box and Lip Inks online. I don't care what they are called - they are gorgeous!

Unprecedented liquid lip color. Like second skin color for lips, the "Lip Inks" offer long-lasting, transparent warm shades of deep reds and purple. To be used alone for a natural intense color effect.

I am not sure I understand the "to be used alone" phrase since I love adding gloss on top of stains. We'll see.

I picked up all four Lip Skin Liquid Lip Color ($27) shades at Saks in Chevy Chase, Maryland, on Friday morning. Loyd Cassler and I gushed over how pretty and sheer the stains are. These stains don't come off readily, but you won't live with them for three days either. While they don't wash off or remove easily with long-wearing makeup remover, they do come off in the shower or with extended wear. That means that you will get some serious, but not troublesome, wear from these new lip stains.

I swatched the shades mid-day Friday. If you have been reading comments sections, you'll know why I couldn't post anything before this afternoon. Here are the new shades, top to bottom on my arm, in #1, #2, #4, and #3. Even the best-laid plans to swatch in numerical order can go awry, as I put the stain #4 on my arm before #3. Since they do stain, I didn't try to correct my lapse. I have no idea why shade #4 is not available at the Armani Web site. Saks has it, and it's one of my favorites.

I might not be the best candidate for #2, a sheer coral, but I'm going to give it a try and see if I can wear it. I adore the other three shades, which are not as dark on the lips as they appear in the tubes. I painted them onto my arm heavily to try to get uniform color swatches.

These are definitely worth checking out. I like them much more than Armani's Lip Waxes, which are a little too dry for my tastes. You can find them at Saks, Giorgio Armani Beauty's Web site, any other online site offering Armani Beauty, and Armani counters.

Photo at top courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

7 comments:

jbrobeck said...

what do you think for someone who has just been wearing balm or lipgloss for the past five years? I am most concerned on feathering and if they will dry out my already dry lips. My lips are actually only dry bc i have a HORRIBLE habit of pursing my lips.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi,

I will wear one tomorrow on my very dry lips and let you know. I had hoped to wear Friday or today, but when I went tearing out to meet the ambulance at my mother's house Friday, and subsequently spent all my time at the hospital, all testing went out the window.

I can tell you one thing already - they will NOT feather.

When I head over to the dry hospital tomorrow early am, I will apply one. That should give it a true test.

jbrobeck said...

Oh my! Is you mother doing ok?

Charlestongirl said...

She is much better, thank you! Check the comment on the giveaway contest winner post, and you'll see what happened.

MarciaF said...

3 and 4 are surprisingly lighter than I expected which is great news. I was worried that they'd be too dark.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom's health problems. I'll be saying prayers tonight for health and well-being.

I love stains because I'm always chewing on my lips or drinking water so they're the only thing that lasts. I'm with you, #3 looks gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Val, and I'm so glad you liked your palette! I am sure everyone's thoughts and prayers facilitated Mom's fast recovery.

Val and Marcia,

Loyd (from his training) and I were both expecting these to be dark and opaque. All of them are transparent and perfect shades for holiday. #1 is a very pretty grape on the lips, and the two pinks are stunning.

JBrobeck,

I ran out to the hospital yesterday morning without applying one - sorry - but I'll wear one today and report back later.