Thursday, November 11, 2010

Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie Le Métier de Beauté Holiday Event

Congratulations, Gabriela! You won the $400 gift basket at Neiman Marcus!

We had fun last night at the Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie Holiday Beauty Soiree, and there's more fun yet to come! The photo above shows the adorable Best Things in Beauty reader Gabriela alongside Dustin Lujan, Le Métier de Beauté national makeup artist extraordinaire. I had so much fun hanging out at the Le Métier de Beauté counter last night, chatting with Lisa Lingis, who touched up my concealer for me, Dustin, and all my Neiman Marcus Mazza friends.

Dustin was just finishing a gal's makeup when I arrived. I was struck by how naturally beautiful she looked. Not artificial or "made up," simply pretty. I was thrilled when Gabriela arrived because I wanted to watch him beautify someone from start to finish. He had a gorgeous model! They already knew each other. Gabriela had visited with him at Bergdorf Goodman in New York.

Before he got started, Victoria Hamilton from Sisley cleansed and treated Gabriela's face, leaving her glowing (although she felt "naked"). Then Dustin worked his magic. Store lighting washes out any nuance of color, so I can't show you a close-up of Gabriela's eyes, which were stunning in lavender hues. I hope she and her husband had planned dinner out so that others could appreciate Dustin's handiwork.

You can too! He's there today and will be every day through Saturday. If you live in the DC area, you really need to make an appointment for a Le Métier de Beauté consultation or makeup session. I learned something from watching Dustin and talking with him, and you will too. Besides that, he's a lot of fun. On Saturday, they will have a professional photographer taking pictures after makeovers. Need a Twitter photo? What a great way to look your best!

Through Saturday, November 13, with every Le Métier de Beauté purchase of $150 or more, you will receive a $25 Neiman Marcus gift card. On Saturday, the counter will also have stylists available to help you pull together your holiday look, whether you need shoes, accessories, or clothing. You'll even have an opportunity to let the experts help you select a MARCHESA gown for your own red-carpet event.

To make an appointment, call (202) 966-9700, extension 2241. No excuses! If you go, you'll have fun. If you don't live nearby, check with Le Métier de Beauté at Bergdorf Goodman for Dustin's travel schedule. He's on the go often.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed you all yesterday! I got bogged down at work. :( I'll try to drop by this weekend.

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, try to go Saturday! It will be fun - and you can get your photo taken. You'll love Dustin!

Gaby said...

It was so great to meet you yesterday and I really enjoyed the event at Neimans. Dustin did an amazing job. My foundation looked great for hours. Hopefully we will run into each other at many more fun makeup parties ( that have Champagne of course)!!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Gabriela, it was great to meet you too! Wasn't that fun? Beauty, nice little nibbles, and champagne! NM Mazza really knows how to treat a customer.

Gaby said...

I have to agree. NM Mazza is my favorite in the area. Hope you have a great weekend. Hopefully they will let you know soon who won the basket!!!

Charlestongirl said...

Gabriela, you won the basket! Yea! It will be ready for you to pick up on Tuesday, or later at your convenience. Please let me know when you would like to stop by Neiman Marcus, and I will let them know you are coming. Congratulations!