Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chantecaille Délices de Rose Lip Gloss Palette

While I was at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie yesterday, I spent some time at the Chantecaille counter, where I saw the limited-edition Délices de Rose Lip Gloss Palette ($52) up close and personal for the first time. This is a palette I had tried to resist. In September, I had purchased Chantecaille's Pure Brilliance Trio of Lip Glosses, and I prefer my glosses in tubes. All my willpower evaporated when I saw the lovely, sheer shades in the Délices de Rose palette. I had to have it!

Like most Chantecaille treasures, this lip gloss palette comes in a protective fabric drawstring bag. It has a lip brush and nice big mirror, along with the three unnamed shades.

I applied the glosses with their own brush and took my photo at right in full mid-day sun. The light pink shade on the left in the palette photo is shown at the top of my swatch photo. It's very light, with a hint of pink. The rose shade (shown in the middle) has more pigment, giving the lips a pretty rose shimmer. The coral-rose shade (at right in the palette photo and the bottom shade on my arm) has the most pigment and could provide enough color to skip lipstick underneath. I would describe these three shades as neutral - neither warm nor cool - which makes them perfect for all skin tones.

The formula is packed with antioxidants, along with hydrating and anti-aging ingredients, including aloe vera, Japanese green tea, vitamin E, and "geno" extracts, according to Chantecaille's Web site. I'm not sure what a geno extract is. The term references the genome, not an ingredient. The ingredient list includes ginkgo biloba extract, so I'm sure it was a typo. There's rice bran oil, safflower seed oil, and camellia leaf extract. These glosses feel good, look good, and provide some nice skin-care benefits.

This palette is going to work with me, where I keep Les Pétales Rêve de Rose Lip Gloss SPF 15 next to my computer. Now I'll have a range of Chantecaille shades at hand for my frequent gloss applications. They are so much prettier than Aquaphor!

You can find the Délices de Rose Lip Gloss Palette at Chantecaille's Web site and any Chantecaille counter. At the moment, Chantecaille has a special offer I really want. With any purchase of $200 or more, you will receive a Starlight Gold Face Powder compact. It looks beautiful, so I may "need" about $200 worth of new Chantecaille makeup very soon. Or I could break down and purchase the Nano Gold Firming Treatment. I loved (and used every bit of) the Nano Gold Energizing Face Cream.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille

No comments: