Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia - Now Available for Bath, Body & Home

Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia is a beautiful fragrance. Introduced this summer, it was an instant hit. English Pear & Freesia is said to marry poetry and perfume because it was inspired by the ode To Autumn by John Keats. It's a fruity floral and as pretty as it gets.

Upon first spray, there's a burst of King William Pear in its top notes. White freesia (always one of the most fragrant flowers in a bouquet) is among the scent’s heart notes. Amazingly, its dry-down includes patchouli, white amber, and musk. I don't smell the patchouli, which I normally despise. I do smell the musk.

I purchased the cologne the minute it became available, but I wanted body crème too. My friends who purchased the cologne all wanted the body crème. It wasn't available at first. Now it is! The body crème ($75), shower gel ($50), and a home candle ($65) are now available at Jo Malone's Web site and in department stores (Loyd called me the second they arrived at Saks).

Now you can surround yourself with this lovely, easy-to-wear scent. I can't wait to tell my friends who purchased the cologne!

If you order online from Jo Malone, the current special is a free, deluxe sample of Pomegranate Noir Body Crème, along with free shipping and two fragrance samples of your choice. Use code GOLDEN at checkout.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Pears, apples, and grapes--Oh, my! Quintessential fruits of autumn. I had forgotten about the lovely pear fragrance until a neighbor sent us a box of Harry & David pears as a thank you gift. With smiles on our faces and pear juice dribbling down our chins, all we could say was, "Mmmmmm . . ." with each bite :-)

While enjoying our pears, I mentioned to my husband that I wondered if Jo Malone would have the Pear & Freesia body cream coming out any time soon. No sooner had the words gotten out, when my cell rang. It was the lovely Jo Malone lady from my local Nordstrom calling to tell me about the new body cream and the specials they 'd be having.

There must be something in the air that we're all thinking about Pears & Freesia. I know it's not the weather. After cool temperatures and a brief rain storm this weekend, here in So Cal we're ready for another heat wave!

Charlestongirl said...

I'd love to see another heat wave here, Eileen, but I fear we've seen our last for awhile. Meanwhile, we can enjoy the crisp fall air.

I'm glad you got good pears from Harry & David. I used to order pears from them, but after my gift recipients told me (on several occasions) that their fruit arrived spoiled, I stopped.

Specials? I bought one of the holiday candle sets, but is there something I'm missing? I love Jo Malone and frequently give Jo Malone gifts to my friends.

Eileen said...

Jo Malone will be having a gift with purchase at Nordstrom. I believe the SA said November 22. I didn't pay too much attention to the date because I planned on going in this week to check out the sale and pick up my mascara. I'll visit the counter at that time and see what I might like to get. The lovely SA said she'd be having lots of deluxe samples, in addition to the usual perfume samples, to hand out during Nordstrom's double points event. Jo Malone is new to our local Nordstrom, so the SA is making an effort to reach out to customers. She's a real sweetheart.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Eileen! I have to check out the Nordstrom event. I am going to the Beauty Trends Show on the 13th, so I'll get the scoop.

Miss Brahms said...

I love this fragrance so much that the large spray that I bought for my mother, I ended up keeping for myself! Mom will get one for Xmas, though. Neiman Marcus Tysons just got the candles and body cream in yesterday, as well as all of the Holiday gift sets, including a trio candle set designed by Farrow & Ball, color expert and supplier of elegant decorative paints - Pomegranate Noir in Eating Room Red (No. 43),- Wild Fig & Cassis in Pelt (No. 254),and Pine & Eucalyptus in Green Smoke! I think I'll pick up one of these for Mom too, as they seem to match her decor. I have my eye on the Bath Oil Collection as well - which features Lime Basil & Mandarin, Grapefruit, Pomegranate Noir, Red Roses, Orange Blossom and Vanilla & Anise. If you stop by the Jo Malone Counter at Neimans' Tysons, David McRay, the Jo Malone Product Rep, is always happy to give free samples of the cologne or sometimes, the fantastic hand cream! Or, I am sure that a friendly sales associate who happens to be a huge BTiB fan will...;)

Charlestongirl said...

Too funny - at least your mother doesn't know you "stole" her cologne!