Friday, November 26, 2010

The Friday Forum - November 26

Did your Black Friday look like this? Hope not! I did some civilized in-store shopping at my two Neiman Marcus stores, stocking up with wonderful things like Creed, Fresh, Le Métier de Beauté, YSL, and Giorgio Armani jackets (on sale!). I also did some great online shopping, using the list I shared with you at this link. Many of those specials are valid all weekend, so make sure to check the list before you shop.

Thanksgiving was relaxing, until the time came to try to get all the dishes on the table at once. That's always a challenge for me. It was really nice that my friend Rene could join us; I got to talk beauty a bit! I watched the dog show on television in the afternoon. So many darling dogs! I was rooting for Clooney, an Irish Setter, and he won! What a gorgeous boy! I just can't figure out why they keep calling him "the Irish Setter" on the news. He has a name. Is that some snobby dog show thing? Purebred Charleston Sumter thinks that's over the top.

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any Black Friday deals you couldn't resist? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm always happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. As I always do, I'll leave news of some great beauty offers (great, not just good) in the comments of this post. If you want to know where to find nice gifts with purchase, free shipping, and other deals this weekend, make sure to check the comments.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of Sonyinsider.com

4 comments:

Shayne A said...

I actually ventured out today (got up at 5) much to the chagrin of my husband ~ Woman, you are crazy!!! he said. I found it to be tame & not insanely busy like I expected.
I picked up mostly Philosophy items ~ that's what I'm giving all of the women in my family. I'm giving my BFF The Instyler which will arrive tomorrow (so excited!).
Charleston Girl, what did you get the women in your family this year??

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Shayne!

So far, I bought my Mom Hazel's Eau de Parfum from Melissa Flagg (Beautyhabit). I'll buy more once I assess what she needs. Mom is the only family member I need to take care of.

I'm purchasing gifts for three seniors I don't know as part of a work adoption program. They all want gift cards (so easy!).

My friends are another matter. I need to start shopping for them, not me! I always spend too much at holiday time. It's that "one for them, two for me" syndrome.

Five am was the time to go! Except for Best Buy and a few other stampede places, it's pretty quiet at that hour. :) Good for you!

Your family members will love Philosophy! Good idea!

Miss Brahms said...

If every customer were as genteel and pleasant as Charlestongirl, Black Friday would be renamed WONDERFUL Friday! I frankly did not expect my store to be as busy as it was - I was pleasantly surprised, and hope that it is an indicator of an economic renaissance in our recession-hit economy. Seeing so many happy and eager shoppers, especially in a luxury retail venue, surely is a sign that we are finally, as a country, seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. The $50 gift card was an enticement, sure, but I was happier to see the smiling faces, to hear the holiday music, and really feel that despite adversity that's hit the country and the region, we are emerging, stronger, and still happy - just like the Whos in Whoville in the Grinch Who Stole Christmas!!!
I thank Charlestongirl for being a brave trouper to shop so we don't have to - to guide us throught pitfalls, show us the bargains and deals - because I most certainly am going to do some online shopping tonight, with her advice!
I got my mom Creed Fantasia de Fleurs - she has been wearing Oscar De La Renta for years and I am sick of it - I gave her a small sample of this lovely Bulgarian Rose and Jasmine/Iris bouquet, and she was HOOKED. I am giving my sisters-in-law Giorgio Armani lip gloss from the Lip Gloss Trio set, Caswell-Massey hand soaps, Nest Candles, and Kiehl's Creme de Corps Jeff Koons edition body lotions, lucky minxes.
What are the rest of you giving as gifts?

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Miss Brahms! I wish I had had more to spend. If I hadn't sprung for two Armani jackets at Mazza, I could have bought more makeup! And soaps! And Fresh! And...