Sunday, September 27, 2009

Armani Beauty Event with Tim Quinn

Always popular and a real draw, Tim Quinn spent two days at Saks in Chevy Chase, Maryland. The store usually has about 7-8 stations going, and everyone wants to spend a few minutes with Tim. He has a great eye for beauty, and he's so nice, friendly, and approachable. He's the perfect Armani ambassador. Women were leaving Tim looking pretty, and isn't that what it's about?

Look at Nicole Ojeda, a Best Things in Beauty (BTiB) reader, with Tim in this photo. Doesn't she look gorgeous? Tim always looks tan, rested, and terrific (and I would love to know his secret, given the time he spends on the road). This is a camera-phone photo - too bad we didn't have a pro there to memorialize all the BTiB visits. You can click on the photo to enlarge it.

I chatted with Tim about Spring 2010 products while he did my eye makeup and touched me up with some foundation and blusher. I have to admit that I was so interested in what he was telling me that I didn't pay as close attention as I should have to how he was doing my eyes (duh!). More on that below.

Tim and Loyd were surprised that the new Rouge d'Armani lipsticks had not arrived at the store for the event. These will be available in October in 18 shades grouped in four color families: Beige, Brown, Red, and Pink/Plum. The Beige shades have mother of pearl instead of white pigments, giving them greater transparency. The warm Brown shades promise a vibrant, bronze glow. The Reds, without mother of pearl, are intense and pigment-rich. The Pink/Plum shades provide a wide spectrum of pinks, from delicate lilac to intense fuchsia. The new lipsticks promise to add long-lasting color with moisture, a rare feat for a long-wear lipstick.

I learned that the Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette in Rouge Iron was selling out - go figure. Tim swore it looked good on women with darker skin.

I asked Tim, "What's coming?" He told me the look for Spring 2010 would be PINK - all shades of pink. I'm already excited about that. Eyes to Kill shadow colors will be "ethereal," meaning sheer washes of subtle color. By that point, I was so excited with anticipation I lost all track of my own eyes, which he was "painting" with sheer washes of Manta Ray color. The spring line, in the final stages of Mr. Armani's selections, was sounding custom-tailored for me. There will be a new product that will be something of a hybrid between Fluid Sheer and Face Fabric. This sounds really interesting for spring and summer, given that most of us like to tone down the full-face look in the warm months. Knowing that Armani won't disappoint, I'm excited! I'll get you more information on the upcoming products as soon as I can.

Now, my eyes...Tim used concealer to create a base and then applied the #4 duo (Stone) shown here. He used both the pale blue and taupe and blended, blended, and blended. Then he used the dark grey pencil and drew a thin, expert line at the base of my lashes. Finishing with Eyes to Kill Mascara, the effect was pretty. His artistry was in his use of the two colors - where he used one, and where he used both. Magic! Plus the liner application was as good as it gets. He also brushed some Face Fabric over the central redness in my face (we laughed together as Loyd said, "Throw some makeup on her") and applied #1 Blending Blush Duo (Pink Rose/Sand).

I went from there to my doctor's office where I learned that I broke a metatarsal bone in my hand when I fell Monday. At least I looked and felt good when I got the news! Let me share with you that typing with your pinkie taped to the next finger is not easy.

When you get the chance, sign up for an Armani event with Tim. You might want to pay more attention to your face than I did. You can recreate the look he demonstrates!

Photos courtesy of Armani Beauty and Nicole Ojeda.

4 comments:

Fab Over 40 said...

I can't wait to meet Tim in October! Sorry to hear about your hand - hope it heals quickly.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Fab. It is a "spiral break," so there's lots of surface to make new bone cells - meaning it will heal faster.

It's just really hard to type!

nikkiO said...

Oh no! Just saw this. Sorry to hear about your hand. Hope you are on the mend!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, NikkiO! And thanks to everyone who has e-mailed!

At least it was my hand - could have been a lot worse. I think about Natasha Richardson's fall and feel very lucky.