Friday, September 18, 2009

Patricia Wexler Fastscription Instant De-Puff Eye Gel

Lately at Best Things in Beauty, it has been all about eyes! This morning, I'm continuing our eye theme.

I know I have mentioned Patricia Wexler's Fastscription Instant De-Puff Eye Gel ($19.50) in the past, but I think it deserves its own posting - it's that good. This eye gel won a 2008 Allure Best of Beauty Award in the Best DePuffing Eye Product Category and the 2008 Best in Show Award from Women's Health magazine.

Fastscription Instant De-Puff really works to de-puff your undereye area. It surprised me the first time I used it because most products that claim to banish bags don't.

So what causes undereye puffiness? Many women think it's just fluid retention. However, most of the time, it's fat. We come by the fat naturally, but as we age, it shifts. Not only that, it's genetic, so you can thank mom and dad. No eye cream or gel will remove fat. If you want to get rid of it, you need to consider the surgeon's knife or fillers. Some fillers are being used by skilled practitioners to minimize the appearance of bags by filling out the surrounding areas.

Puffiness is also caused by allergens, too much alcohol, too much salt, sleeping on your head, and other self-inflicted conditions (guilty!) or by prescription drugs and medical ailments. This kind of puffiness can often be reduced, if not eliminated, by cosmetic products. My other remedy that works well? Resting with head raised, wet gauze protecting the eyes, and a baggie of frozen baby peas over the entire eye area for at least 20 minutes.

But I digress. You pat the Fastscription Instant De-Puff Eye Gel onto your skin under your eyes and, should you need it, on your brow area. Although it's safe for contact lens wearers, you should avoid getting it in your eyes. The product works well under your makeup. In a pinch, I have used it over my makeup - worked fine. It is said to also help with firming and fine lines. I can't testify to that because I don't use it every day - only for "emergencies."

Give it a try if you suffer from undereye puffiness. You can purchase Fastscription Instant De-Puff Eye Gel at Bath & Body Works.

Photo courtesy of Bath & Body Works.

3 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

Love this product - and it ABSOLUTELY works. I keep it in the refrigerator to enhance it's de-puffing action. I apply it not just under my eyes but on my upper lids as well - where i do get puffy even worse. It has no scent and isn't sticky at all. I suspect that the caffeine has a great deal to do with the efficacy of this product - which means it is in a higher concentration than most other eye depuffers that boast the same ingredients, ie. Garnier eye roller, Biore eye stick, etc. This really works!

Charlestongirl said...

I wish I could be as disciplined as you are! Either that or have a bathroom big enough to hold a small refrigerator.

Anonymous said...

I bought Fastscription products whilst on holiday in the USA (we do not have Bath and Body Works here in the UK) and it is absolutely brilliant, better than anything we have on the market over here. I am returning in June of this year and will make sure I take a supply home with me.