Monday, September 7, 2009

La Rouche-Posay's Nutritic Lips

Billed as "transforming care for very dry lips," this little wonder-product is a fabulous lip balm for everyone's lips - whether dry or just normal. For those of us with dry lips or lip balm addictions, Nutritic Lips ($10-13) helps prevent chapped lips and all of the unpleasant symptoms that go along with them: peeling or flaking, sensitivity, thinness, and other discomforts. When I eat Thai food, I prep my lips with this and then apply as needed to experience the wonderful hot, flavorful food without the burning lips that go with it.

What's in it? The ingredients include shea butter, meadowfoam seed oil, black currant seed oil, apricot kernel oil, and other fruit oils. There is no overt fragrance, which is delightful. I don't want my lips to taste or smell like a food court. It also feels good - lightweight and not at all greasy, waxy, or sticky.

I buy my Nutritic Lips at the CVS Healthy Skincare Store near me. You can also purchase from Amazon, SkinStore, and other Web sites. If you like Nutritic Lips, you might want to check out the other Nutritic products, including the Nutritic Cream and Nutritic Emulsion. You can read more at the La Roche-Posay Web site or find out about La Roche-Posay's fabulous sunblock at Best Things in Beauty's review of the fabulous Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen.

Photo courtesy of La Roche-Posay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This product is a cult favorite for both sexes! I buy Nutritic Lips for the guys at Christmastime for stocking stuffers and actually did the same at Easter for the baskets - and both times, it was warmly received. What, you think only ladies suffer from dry, cracked and chapped lips? Your lips dry out quicker than the rest of your face, because the skin is sensitive. Lips are blood and blood vessels covered up in a thin layer of skin. That's why dead skin develops. Nutritic is not oil-based petroleum jelly or wax or paraffin - it is a soothing blend of botanical oils with vitamin E and shea butter. It doesn't have any shimmer, or noxious fruit-tasting fragrance - it is simply emollient hydration and care for lips. I buy several of these and stash them in my car, my purses, and my night table. I haven't chewed at my lower lip or had any flaking in YEARS from using this product - and it is an excellent base for lipstick. Truly an excellent beauty buy - and don't forget the guys! OR they will steal this from you!

Charlestongirl said...

Funny! I never thought of giving one to my favorite guy pal. Now, I'll have to. He uses a moisturizer - he's no fool! So, why not hook him on a lip conditioner?