Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An Oldie but Goodie - YSL Touche Éclat

YSL's Touche Éclat ($40) has been in my makeup bag since it was introduced. It goes everywhere with me. Naturally, I also have one in my bathroom makeup stash. This is the best pencil-sized highlighter I have ever used (and I think I've used all of them).

Available in four shades, Touche Éclat erases fatigue and adds light, coverage, luminosity, and radiance - wherever you choose to use it. You can use it over makeup or powder - it blends beautifully - and it won't cake. Of course, you can use it under makeup too, just as you might use any concealer. It always makes you look better - rested and radiant.

I use this best-selling pen-brush around my eye area, but you can use it anywhere you need some help: in the hollow of the chin, the contour of the lips, the sides of the nose, or under the brow bone.

This is a cult product, and I am a full-fledged member of the cult. I recommend Touche Éclat to everyone! As Sephora says, "Once you try it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it."

You can purchase Touche Éclat from YSL's Web site, Sephora, or at major department stores.

Photo courtesy of YSL Cosmetics.

4 comments:

Miss Brahms said...

This is the best luminizing highlighter ever - and I've tried a few! I have the Radiant Touch shade, though there are several shades to choose from. This is a pinky rose gold liquid cream - fluid but multidimensional. This is NOT a flat cream concealer like most liquid concealers - it has shimmery pigment in it - but not distractingly shimmery. BeneFit High Beam is the same rosey gold shade, but it more liquidy. Do you get it? :)
The stiff but flexible concealer brush applicator makes this the perfect touch up pen - and the packaging screams luxury indulgence, like a gold compact would. Charlestongirl is right - there is no other highlighter/concealer that is better for luminizing and brightening shadows or imperfections. It is also a mainstay of beauty editors' and celebrities' cosmetic bags - you know, that feature where all the products are dumped out on the page? That, Smith's Rosebud Salve, kiehl's lip balm, and Maybelline Great Lash, right! ;)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pro!

I have the two lightest shades, however #1 is my go-to color. I don't find this highlighter to be shimmery. It's brightening, but I can't see shimmer.

Yep - celebrities belong to the cult. We are in good company! Thanks for the comment - it adds good info to the posting.

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorites too- but I ended up using mine all over face instead of foundation. I dont find it shimmery at all (I used #1)for some reason. I just wish it lasted longer but considering I use it all over my face - 6 months is a good lifetime for Touche Eclat!

Charlestongirl said...

Anna, I laughed out loud when I read your comment. :) I had a mental image of using it as a foundation. You did really well if it lasted for six months!

There's a makeup artist in you! They all use Touche Eclat everywhere. One artist showed me how to use it around my mouth, and it really made a difference. Try it sometime in a limited way. Put some over your upper lips in the "V," and your whole lip look will light up.

There are so many uses for Touche Eclat. It's one of those true miracle products.