Friday, September 4, 2009

Chanel's Rouge Allure Satin Lip Colour and Lip Lacquer

Finally, I was able to see the new Rouge Allure lip colors in person at Saks!

The new Luminous Satin Lip Colour ($30) shades are: Mythic, a light beige; Fatale, a deep plum; Orientale, a rose beige; Desireable, a true rose; Adorable, a pink rose; Ardent, rosewood; Audace, a true red; and Lover, a blue red.

They come in a cool flip-up case, which has that elegant appearance we have come to expect from Chanel. The darker shades are very dark and intense. There is no way I could wear them. I was "taken with" the pinks, Desireable and Adorable, though. The lipsticks feel creamy on the lips, and the colors are very pretty. These came home with me.

The new Luminous Satin Lip Lacquer ($32) was not my cup of tea. That doesn't mean you won't like it. I think I was expecting a more gloss-like look and feel. The Lip Lacquers are anything but gloss-like. I would describe them as liquid lipsticks. The color is intense and opaque, and I couldn't find a shade, among the eight on display, that I really loved. But if you love strong lip color, you will love Lip Lacquer. It's nice and creamy too.

You can see the new lip colors now at Chanel online and Saks. I'm sure they will be available at a department store near you very soon.

Photo courtesy of Chanel.

1 comment:

Goya said...

Fatale#71 is not a deep plum, but deep classical red with a very subtle hint of brown, at least this is how it looks on me :)