Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow from the Miami Collection for Spring 2012

Bobbi Brown introduced four new shades of Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($24) with the Miami Collection for Spring 2012. They are Copper, Bronze Sugar, Nude Beach, and Candlelight. I snapped up the two lightest shades, Candlelight and Nude Beach, at Nordstrom. I've been a Long-Wear Cream Shadow fan since it was introduced, and I couldn't wait to see them.

Candlelight is shown directly above, and Nude Beach is shown directly below. Both are fabulous neutral eye shadows.


Bobbi’s innovative cream shadows deliver saturated color with a soft, velvety finish. This blendable and buildable formula applies easily with fingers or a brush and maintains its true color without creasing for up to 12 hours. Just when you thought your makeup couldn’t stand up to the summer heat, now it can. The new shades from the Miami Collection will provide a pretty, naturally gleaming, fresh from the beach look.

I knew it would be difficult to get decent swatch photos of these light shades, and it was. I applied them very heavily with Bobbi Brown's Cream Shadow Brush and took my photos in full sun. You can see the beautiful shimmering gleam these shades offer. They are absolutely perfect for a swipe-and-go application. I often use Bobbi's cream shadows alone on the lid below the crease when I'm in a hurry. These two shades are perfect for that. They would also be perfect base shades for use with an accent color.

Candlelight is shown at the top of my arm, with Nude Beach below. Candlelight appears golden ivory to my eye. Nude Beach is golden beige. I think it's easier to see the actual shades in the pots than on my skin.

I'm tempted to go back and purchase the other two shades. I'm such a cream eye shadow addict, I'll probably surrender unless the collection sells out quickly. These shades are a gorgeous complement to the coral and peach lip colors that are so trendy.

The Miami Collection is available at all Bobbi Brown counters. These shades are also available at Bobbi Brown's Web site. Even though the collection hasn't been posted under "What's New," you'll find the new shades available at this page.

Update 4/30: This morning, I got an e-mail from Bobbi Brown with the announcement that the Miami Collection is now available at their Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Bobbi Brown; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Yogi said...

Pretty! Is the case of them glas or plastic?

Charlestongirl said...

Yogi, the jar is glass, and the top is black plastic.

Mara said...

I couldn't wait to see your swatches for this Bobbi Brown collection! I am a big fan of her cream shadows too. I just bought Velvet Plum and I think I will fall for these new ones too. Do you have Beach Honey? Do you think it is too similar to any of the ones you have swatched? It would give me an excuse to skip at least one of them!!!

Sandy said...

How in the world did I miss Nude Beach? I love it!

Nancy Pierson said...

I grabbed Bronze Sugar and Nude Beach, I was eyeing Candlelight hmmmm maybe I need to go back and get it? I did end up taking back Bronze Sugar because I thought it was to frosty and was aging on me. It is a beautiful color but did not help me. I Love Bobbi Brown.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mara,

I have Beach Honey somewhere, but I never worry about similarities. Just go look to see if you like them. :)

Charlestongirl said...

I don't know Sandy. It was the first one I selected. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nancy, I love Bobbi too. She makes such wonderful makeup.

yesplease1816 said...

LOVE nude beach!!! I have been wearing it every single day since purchasing it! I have too many shades similar to Candelight, so I'll probably pass on that, but I am definitely going back for Bronze Sugar!

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, I love Bobbi's cream shadows, they're wonderful and last so long! I love your swatch of nude beach; I have the shadow version. I wonder if it is the same? Regardless, I'd love to see this in person

jensun said...

For the record, Beach Honey is a lot more peachy than any of these. :D
xoxo
jen

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I.Die. (And I really don't even like Rachel Zoe! Honest.)

Shakeshaft said...

Hi Adrienne!!! It's Michele from Bobbi!!! I wanted to let you know that Bobbi Brown will be making a personal appearance at Nordstrom Montgomery on May 17th!!!!! So exciting!! She hasn't been here in over two years:)

She will be teaching a master class. What could be better than being taught makeup by Bobbi Brown herself??:) If you or any of your followers would like to be a part of this special event, please call Nordstrom Montgomery for details!!!! 410 - 365 - 4111!!

I hope you can join us!!!! xoxo