Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kiehl's Opens at Tysons Corner Center

While Kiehl's opened its beautiful new store at Tysons Corner Center on March 16, the grand opening party was last night. President Chris Salgardo and the NewsBabes invited us to celebrate with a benefit for the NewsBabes 2012 charity, the George Washington University Mammovan. The Mammovan is a Mobile Mammography Program began in 1996 with a singular, ambitious goal: to make life-saving, early detection of breast cancer possible for all women.

It was a festive evening.  DJ Neekola had us rocking as we browsed the amazing selection of Kiehl's products (and checked out our swag bags), ate Georgetown Cupcakes, drank pink lemonade (topped with real mint in April!), and chatted with DC's most prominent news anchors.

The gorgeous and environmentally attuned shop is decorated with brightly colored Warhol-like paintings and exposed brick, with neon signs everywhere. It's appealing and bound to draw in men and women alike. The products are arranged by type, from skin care to body treatments; there's something for everyone and a lot to love.

Here's NBC Washington news anchor Eun Yang at right, sharing a fun greeting with Susan Nixon, who is currently with the CBS Television Network. Stunning and charming women. Below? Two more beautiful ladies: Cynne Simpson, ABC 7 news anchor with Alice Carleton, manager of the new store.

I had a great time and plan to visit again. Guests were packed into Kiehl's, making navigation through the store challenging during the party. After thanking my hosts and the wonderful PR team from BrandLinkDC, I left with the promise that I could bring back Best Things in Beauty readers for a private master class, complete with hand massages. Who's with me?

Kiehl's at Tysons Corner Center is open during mall hours. You'll find a welcoming staff and great products. Go check out the full Kiehl's retail experience and see how Kiehl's can make your skin and hair healthy. The store is located on Level 2 near Sephora and Lord & Taylor.

Update 4/26: Totally embarrassing, but I had several typos of "Kiehl's" in this feature! I hope I fixed them all. I'll plead fatigue.
 
Photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

kellinicole86 said...

Figures TC would start getting cool stores after I moved away. So sad I missed out on SpaceNK too. But I do live in Chicago, so I guess I can't complain too much about lack of shopping : ) but I do miss driving to the mall. Weird but a trip to the mall was always something I looked forward to.

Leigh said...

*pricks ears* Private master class, with hand massages?!

Dovey said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I love the inside decor of the store, and the photos you took of the news anchors. Next time I'm in the N. VA area, I might take a peek!

Win said...

what keihl's products do you use, charleston girl? curious!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kellinicole!

I used to LOVE going to the mall. Not so much now. Too many people, parking lot is crazy.

Tysons has expanded so much, it's like a new mall. Did you know they added a level?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Leigh!

Want to come if we set one up on a Sunday?

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Dovey! There were many more of the anchors there later, but I cut out after about 45 minutes. It was beyond crowded there. :)

lov2read68 said...

That looks like a fun store to spend some time in! Private master class sounds like a blast - too bad I'm not closer to DC!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Winyan,

I adore the Amino Acid Shampoo and Conditioner and the Super Fluid UV Defense.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lov2read!

I'll bet they do them at all their free-standing stores, if you have one near you. You could arrange it with your friends. :)

Leigh said...

Charlestongirl, I would so be there.

kellinicole86 said...

They added a level!?! Wow it def. has changed, and it's only been a year. I def. agree about the parking though, that was not fun.