Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

Whether it's a holy day for you (there's Passover too!) or a holiday opportunity to celebrate friends and family, I hope you enjoy your day.

My garden is usually populated with darling bunnies - the reason I can't grow most herbs. They are little munchers. Although they were scarce over the winter, I saw a big bunny last week. I guess someone told him it was Easter. I hope he lays low when the red foxes are around.

We will be eating my mother's favorite Easter meal: ham with all the usual sides. Think I'll break out a nice bottle of champagne - or two - to celebrate spring and the rebirth of nature's beauty.

Enjoy the day!

Photo courtesy of Southern Living

13 comments:

grlnxdor said...

I wish you a very happy Easter, too, Charlestongirl.

beautiful me plus you said...

Such a lovely garden! Happy Easter to you too ;)

Elysse said...

Happy Easter!

Delmy Sabio said...

Beautiful post. Happy Easter to you, too!!

Nemo said...

Oh, the very happiest of days to you and the bunsters. Love them! We are having ham, too, an uncured one from Trader Joe's, and an exquisite lamb cake from Whole Foods for dessert. The little lambie has such a darling little face it will be hard to eat it. I hope you enjoy the beautiful bird songs of spring as well, Cg.

Walls said...

Happy Easter!

Clarisse said...

Happy Easter to all♥ (we'll have champagne too: cheers, Charlestongirl:-)

Charlestongirl said...

A special Happy Easter to all of you wonderful friends!

nikki said...

Happy Easter!!!!! have a beautiful day:)

Eileen said...

"For I remember it is Easter morn,
And life and love and peace are all new born."

So, take some time to go out and enjoy a beautiful day and take in all the wonders that nature has to offer. Here's wishing all of you a season of renewal and joyful discovery.
 
Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

yesplease1816 said...

How fun! I can't wait to get my hands on Easter dinner...the best part of any holiday! Happy Easter Charleston Girl!

HRH Paula said...

I love bunnies in my garden too! Hope ya'll had a blessed Easter!

Charlestongirl said...

To those I missed, I hope you had a joyful day. I date a lot, drank happily, and fell into bed early. Today, was a bit crazy. Will explain in the next Friday Forum. Cheers!