Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BY TERRY Blush Terrybly Ultimate Radiance Blush in Platonic Coral

Not everyone likes pink blush. I'll admit to featuring pink tones more often than others because that's what I usually buy. BY TERRY seduced me with peach recently.  Blush Terrybly Ultimate Radiance Blush ($75) in Platonic Coral (#3) is a beauty. Like the Erotic Pink shade I purchased, everything about the blush is elegant, from the oversized indigo blue carton through the purple satin drawstring pouch to the heavy zamak compact with a cleverly shaped brush to sit inside. Designed to sit in the palm of the hand, like a talisman to magically enhance your charm, the compact feels like something you'll want to use to glamorize your day. Some luxury-priced makeup doesn't wow with its presentation. Blush Terrybly does. Fortunately, this blush isn't simply about presentation. It combines gorgeous color with unique technology to prompt your skin to look its best.

Three of the seven pretty shades of Blush Terrybly reached out to grab me at our local SPACE.NK boutique. I told you about the technology behind the blush let's recap. Blush Terrybly boasts BY TERRY's Freshtone Technology, a proprietary formulation that concentrates vitamins and amino acids to boost cheekbone volume by stimulating the adipocyte skin cells (fat cells - really). The effect on the cheeks is uniquely lifting and volume enhancing. Basically, volume equals smooth, plump, and young skin.

The technology also boosts fibroblasts and promotes collagen stimulation, helping to slow the aging process by stimulating skin renewal. With the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, Blush Terrybly actively protects the skin against free radical damage.

The radiance that characterizes Blush Terrybly is a result of micro-prism and mineral pigments that make the skin glow. There are also silicon polymers for a smooth application. The blush is lightly fragranced with the divine scent of rose.

The pretty peach you see in the compact comes to life on the skin, with a warm, color that sings summer. The powder is so nicely textured (no fall out from this one), it resisted my blush brush on first use. I "roughed up" the pretty surface of the compact - just a little - with a sponge-tipped applicator to encourage the compact to give up its treasures.

For my swatch photos, I applied Platonic Coral very heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top and with a dense blush brush below. Had I applied the shade normally, it would not have photographed well. It's beautifully sheer.

This color is gorgeous - a coral peach that's warm and so "in" this season. Dare I compare it to Tangerine Tango?  I love the way it makes me look. The color is inviting. I know there are "zillions" of peach blush lovers out there. This one's for you! If you usually wear pink tones, give peach a try for spring and summer. As that menswear advertisement says, "You'll like the way you look."

Does it make my cheekbones look more plump? I don't see it, but perhaps with continued use, I'll have a resculpted face with to-die-for cheekbones. For now, I'm perfectly satisfied with a beautiful blush.

I purchased my BY TERRY Blush Terrybly Ultimate Radiance Blush in Platonic Coral - along with two other shades - at the SPACE.NK boutique within Bloomingdale's at Tysons Corner Center. During Bloomies' beauty event, April 17-29, Best Things in Beauty readers will receive a deluxe Nuxe gift - a mask, toner, and mini body oil - with any purchase over $75 from the Tysons Corner SPACE.NK. They will provide free shipping for your purchases too. The gifts for BTiB readers will be offered in addition to the regular Bloomindale's gifts with purchase during the event. I will tell you all about the event later this week. I'm a bit behind the curve today. For now, keep that special offer in mind if I show you something from SPACE.NK that tempts you.

Photo at top courtesy of SPACE.NK; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

yesplease1816 said...

Oh. My. God. That's it. There are just no words for how beautiful this is. I obviously HAVE to have it. But $75!?! And I thought I had been "treating myself" when I got the Givenchy Blush Bucolique recently!!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Yesplease,

The price is steep. No getting around that little problem.

Christina said...

This is a beautiful shade and I wish it was available in Canada.

Suselew said...

That is just the shade I'm wearing these days...a gorgeous muted peach with slight apricot tones. But that price makes me cringe a little considering my sizeable blush stash. I wonder if that shade is close to any other product.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Christina - nowhere? Bummer! I wonder if you can order from SPACE.NK from Canada without paying an arm plus a leg in shipping.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm sure it is Sueslaw. There are only so many variations of peach.

Snjohnson10 said...

Oh no! Now I need both Erotic Pink and Platonic Coral! Plus a couple Hydra Lift Lip glosses.... And....
Have you ever tried a foundation by ByTerry? I love the idea of a product doing to my whole face what the blush claims to do to the cheek area.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Does this blush contain any shimmer?

Charlestongirl said...

Not a single sparkle, Anonymous.

Charlestongirl said...

Stacy, wouldn't that be a miracle. :)