Sunday, April 1, 2012

Coming Attraction: Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder for Summer 2012

As longer days and warm, breezy nights herald the start of summer, Chanel will embrace the season with the Summer 2012 Collection by Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup. Philips has chosen to replicate the natural glow of sunbathed skin with luminous bronze, gold, and copper tones.

The Luminous Bronzing Powder ($60) will be available in two shades, each comprised of seven unique stripes of color, including a luminous gold. The bronzers will lend subtle hints of warmth and shimmer to every complexion.

A soft peach palette will bring a fresh glow to lighter skin tones, while a deeper pink harmony will lend radiance to darker skin tones. Blended together, the shades will create a seamless bronzing effect. Used on their own, the gold powders will illuminate the complexion, while the darker shades will sculpt the face when gently swept across the natural contours.

I have my eye on the lighter peach palette. You? The Luminous Bronzing Powder will ship to Chanel counters in mid-April. Stay tuned. I've got more summer previews coming up.

Photo courtesy of Chanel

7 comments:

Evelyn said...

These are definitely on my list although I kind of have my eye on the pink despite having light skin. But, I'll go with what works with my skin to prevent looking like Bozo!

Evelyn said...

The Guerlain summer collection by Pucci also looks beautiful...oh my crying wallet!

Crista said...

One of the SA's at my Macy's Chanel counter has said she would put a rose one aside for me when they arrive - so excited!!

Nancy Pierson said...

I am getting both Can't Wait!!! I am stalking the Chanel website constantly and as soon as they are up I will be the First one to order them. LOL :) VERY EXCITED! Last year I got both and even though I am light skin I favored the darker one more and just used it lightly.

yesplease1816 said...

It's kinda funny--I would never pay $60 for a bronzer alone, just because I'm not the biggest bronzer fanatic (I'll take blush over bronzer any day of the week!). BUT, when brands release a bronzer with peach or pink mixed in like this one, I am ALL for it!!

Nawi said...

could not choose I loved them both so I bought both. They are so beautiful and different enough to justify have both. Cannot wait for you to review them!

Charlestongirl said...

I did Nawi. Look on the index on the sidebar, or just search on Chanel. :) Bought them both!