Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté On the Coast Kaleidoscope Eye Kit - Swatched

Le Métier de Beauté's very limited-edition On the Coast Kaleidoscope Eye Kit ($95) is even more beautiful than I had anticipated! Mine came today, and I was lucky to be working at home. I dashed right outside to get photos. Although it had sold out at Saks.com this past weekend, it is once again available, but I suspect it will sell out again quickly.

Here's On the Coast at my house. It is much prettier in person, I think, than it looked in its promotional photo at the top of this feature. On the Coast includes four beautiful True Color Eye Shadow Shades, from top to bottom.
  • Effervescent beige champagne
  • Shimmering tan taupe
  • Soft satin brown
  • Deep champagne cobalt
That's the same order in which I swatched them on my arm, using a sponge-tipped applicator. My photos were taken in full sun.

Every one of the four shades is gorgeous!  Gleaming gorgeous! Even the blue, a shade I normally avoid, is one I'll wear. It's too pretty to leave behind.

I'm not going to draw this feature out with extra words. You know Le Métier de Beauté, and you know their magnificent Kaleidoscopes. For now, you can order On the Coast only at Saks online. Hurry! Don't forget to use the code LEMETIER2 at checkout to receive a Bora Bora Eye Palette with any Le Métier de Beauté purchase - like this one.

Update 4/25 10:30 am: There has been a lot of back and forth on the availability of On the Coast at Saks.com. Now it's on again. Go order it quickly if you want it.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Laci said...

This makes me so glad I was able to snag one. Mine will arrive tomorrow. :D

Anonymous said...

what does it look like layered?

Unknown said...

SO GORGEOUS! Are there any dupes to previous Kaleidoscopes? The taupe and blue to splendid frost for example? Thanks!

pretty addicted said...

This looks stunning!! I waffled on it for a few days and missed it the first couple of times it popped up. I regretted missing out, and I decided I should order it this morning now that Saks is taking pre-orders. I am so glad I did. This will be my first LMdB Kaleidoscope and from these swatches I can tell I will love it to itty bitty pieces. Thanks for the pics :)

Evelyn said...

And it is sold out again. :) It looks nice but I haven't had a kaleidoscope grab my attention since Penelope came out. I think I'd like to buy that cobalt blue on its own, it looks like a great color.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlestongirl, like Laci, mine will arrive yesterday and now that you've swatched it I am more anxious to get mine and play with it. I love my browns but that gorgeous blue will kick it up a notch making it extra special. Thank you for swatching it asap for us. xo, Emilie

Anonymous said...

I meant mine will arrive tomorrow. I'm also wondering the end result after layering it couche de color (sp?) style.

Estelle said...

It's beautiful! Any chance you could do swatches showing Le Metier's layering technique and what that end result color would be?

Anonymous said...

These swatches look incredible! Thanks for putting them up!

Do you think the last shade looks anything like LMdB's Plum single?

Swathi Narumanchi said...

It just didn't accept my credit card. I am heartbroken CG.

I wanted this so bad.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get mine---it's being delivered this Friday (seems like a lifetime away)!

Did you get any of the other LE K'scope?

MandiMomof3 said...

Now you even made more excited for this baby to arrive. I am so happy I got my pre-order in today. I will feel much so better once I get the tracking number so I know it went through and its heading to my doorstep soon. :)

I used to hate the dreaded emails you would get from MAC, thought you got a LE item and a few days later learn it was sold out via email. (Anyone else had that happen)? Lets hope this doesnt happen with LMBD.

Leigh said...

I had been hoping for a darker blue, but the neutrals are gorgeous! Can't wait to open my own box.

Crista said...

Yay - just got my shipment confirmation e-mail from Saks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I'm a subscriber to this blog (love it!), and I've been trying everything I can think of to get my hands on Le Metier de Beaute's On The Coast Kaleidoscope. If you have one that you might be willing to part with, please email me at angdc73@yahoo.com or just post here - I'm sure we can come to an agreement! ;)

Thank you!

Angela C