Monday, April 23, 2012

First Look: Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder for Summer 2012

As longer days and warm, breezy nights herald the start of summer, Chanel has embraced the season with the Summer 2012 Collection by Peter Philips, Creative Director of Chanel Makeup. Philips chose to replicate the natural glow of sunbathed skin with luminous bronze, peach, gold, and rose tones.

The Luminous Bronzing Powder ($60) has arrived at a few stores and is available in two shades, each comprised of seven unique stripes of color, including a luminous gold. Sable Beige (#907) is shown above on the left; Sable Rose (#917) is shown above. I purchased them today at Bloomingdale's, which has only received part of the collection (and they put older shades in the display slots for the new Rouge Coco Shines - fortunately I recognized the bait and switch). These bronzers will lend subtle hints of warmth and shimmer to every complexion.

Sable Beige, shown above, will bring a fresh glow to lighter skin tones. Sable Rose, shown below, will work for anyone, in my opinion. Blended together, the shades in each compact will create a seamless bronzing effect. Used on their own, the gold powders will illuminate the complexion, while the darker shades will sculpt the face when gently swept across the natural contours.

It has rained on and off all day, and there's no way for me to get good swatch photos. I will try to feature them tomorrow. Will you be on the hunt?

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

22 comments:

Nawi said...

yes they have not arrived here yet but I can wait. Pro is that I get to read reviews first before I have to decide with one to get. Hopefully the weather will get better and I get to read another review from you soon. Thank you so very much!

Nemo said...

Your comments are interesting. I raced up to my closet CHANEL counter Saturday and bought the 2 lip shines, one gloss, the eye shadow duo, both eye pencils and all 3 nail polishes. I did not buy either bronzer; I always buy the CHANEL bronzer but they always look muddy on my fair hide. Plus, I already own the Sisley Tropicale Orchidee! I have been wearing the CHANEL 51 Montaigne eye compact for weeks now and it will take some getting used to with the summer duo. All 3 nail polishes are must-haves; the coral lip shine barely shows up despite its intensity in the tube; the other color is sexy. Love the glosses.

Crista said...

My Macy's got this collection in last Thursday afternoon and the SA called me. I ran over and bought both bronzers - love them!! I skipped the lip, nail, & eye products though.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Nawi, stay tuned. I expect to get and post photos tomorrow. I also expect to have the lippies.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, you lucky gal. Most of our counters don't have the collection yet. Even Bloomies didn't have it all.

Charlestongirl said...

Christa, all I can say is I'm thoroughly jealous. What state are you in?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to get mine!

Beth

Giovanni_Rocco said...

This are very gorgeous, but last years were way way better

Eileen said...

My local counter is expecting the collection next Tuesday and I can hardly wait. Chanel's summer look is very understated this year and is sure to be a neutral lover's dream. Sable means sand and that particular color theme is very evident in the collection.

Have you noticed that there are so many more beautiful options for fair women this year? Now we can enjoy a sunkissed look without looking orange or muddy.

Evelyn said...

I saw the bronzers at Bloomingdales on Friday and I don't know, I was kind of not so excited about them. I think last year's Bronze Rose is better for me. It was pretty chaotic at the counter that day so I didn't stop to test them. I'll wait for your swatches instead. :)

P.S. Makeup companies, please keep the chaos level down at your counters otherwise you chase away customers, namely me! lol

Unknown said...

I got Sable Rose and the RC Shine in Empreinte. This was at the Seattle Nordstrom. They got it last Friday! :)

-nicolle

LauraJ said...

I can't wait for swatches! I have been stalking my local Neimans and Nordstrom...and nada.

At one location (as in your experience with Dior) they had the display, but only stocked with the regular line of Coco Shines- boo!

Cindy's Societal said...

I thought I didnt want the bronzers, but after seeing swatches around various blogs, I think I must pick up at least one!!

Boy, I'm turning into a Chanel h00r lol

Cindy

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Beth!

Which one are you getting?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Giovanny!

There's always another year. I like the everyday wearability of these.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Eileen! I think that's also the case for dark-skinned gals. Cosmetic companies finally caught on that one size doesn't fit all.

Charlestongirl said...

Laughing, Evelyn, because when I first went to the Chanel counter, there was no one in sight. Actually, Bloomies was terribly understaffed at most counters. I wanted things, but could find no one to sell them to me. So I had to head down to Nordstrom.

Feast or famine.

Charlestongirl said...

Nicolle, that Rouge Coco Shine isn't new. It was one Bloomies stuck on the display also. Very pretty shade, but doesn't match up with the new shades listed in Chanel's advance materials. I guess they must be repromoting it.

Charlestongirl said...

Lippy girl, it gets pretty sad when you have to use your phone at every counter to ensure the reps haven't pulled a bait and switch.

Charlestongirl said...

Worse things could happen, Cindy! :)

Crista said...

Charlestongirl - I am in Ohio; I was really surprised that Macy's got this before our Nordies did!

Charlestongirl said...

Nicolle!

You did get a new one! They pulled a total switcheroo on the shades.