Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Collection Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush for Summer 2012

A beautiful summer is a summer when the warm sunlight blends with the scents of the Mediterranean.

The Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Collection embodies the union of two prestigious houses in perfect synergy. This exceptional makeup collaboration draws its inspiration from summertime in the Italian Riviera, with its light-hearted and energetic dolce vita attitude that welcomes the warm, sea weather. Created by Guerlain Creative Director, Olivier Échaudemaison, and Pucci’s Image Director, Laudomia Pucci, the collection embraces summer with delightfully sunny shades and vibrant bursts of color. The common thread of this second collaboration is a motif inspired by an iconic print, “Winter Capri,” taken from the Emilio Pucci archives. Exclusively retouched for this collection, this signature print, a blue flower interlaced with swirls and flames, adds a joyful and elegant Pucci touch to the Guerlain summer products.

The limited-edition Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush ($75), shown above, is the star of the collection. This exquisite powder and blush combines two success stories: Guerlain’s legendary Terracotta powder and Emilio Pucci’s iconic prints. The world of beauty and fashion unite in a single case to beautifully enhance the complexion. Half bronzer and half blush, this hybrid powder has a lightweight formula and offers a universal harmony of four shades. The outer case pays tribute to the paneling of a Riva yacht with an ebony-colored varnished wood. The Bronzing Powder & Blush is presented in an accessory pouch with the Pucci motif - the ultimate summer accessory.

I love the blue and green padded pouch, and I love the compact's magnetic "snap" case. See the magnets on the compact photo above? They line up with the magnets on the top of the large compact. This magnets "snap" together for a firm fit between the top and bottom of the compact.

The bronzer-blusher itself is a knockout. I took many swatch photos, and for some reason, most of them are out of focus. It looks like my camera lens fogged up from humidity. Fortunately I got two half-way decent ones. I took my photos in full sun.

For this first swatch photos, I applied the shades heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator. At the top of my arm, the brown bronzer shade is swatched alone. In the middle, I swatched across the three other shades, peach, rose, and pink. For the bottom swatch, I ran the applicator equally across all shades in the palette.

I also swatched very heavily across all the colors using a circular motion with a dense blush brush. The close-up photo directly above shows how warm the shade is, but also how perfectly it straddles the line between a bronzer and blusher. I think it's drop-dead gorgeous and I'm thrilled to have it.

I purchased mine from Bergdorf Goodman. The entire collection will be arriving (and selling out quickly, I'm sure) at all Guerlain counters soon.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really do have the Best things in Beauty! Yesterday Chanel and today Guerlain... I love it so much!!! I'm so tempted to buy both, but sadly can only afford one. I'm sure both will be big sellers. Would you recommend one over the other?

Both so gorgeous!!!

Coco

Wendy said...

You've been reading my mind, CG! I presold the Chanel Sable Rose bronzer yesterday at L&T and ordered the Guerlain from Sephora last week. Love my bronzers and am excited to receive them after seeing your swatches. On a side note - where do you recommend in DC for prime shopping? Via Metro access rather than driving. Thanks! :)

Ines said...

What a nice piece, is it shimmery? Does not look like it is on your swatch.

Buggsiebee said...

Funny:)) I did a thorough search of your blog this morning wanting to know your opinion on this one. I'm so desperate to be able to wear this. I'm pretty certain that there is no way I can use this as a bronzer....but perhaps as a blush?! It's so beautiful & the packaging soooooo divine I think I just need it to look at?!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Coco,

Gosh, they are different enough that I'd recommend you go to a store and try them. Right now, many stores don't have them yet, so call ahead.

Charlestongirl said...

My goodness, Wendy. To get to stores with Metro access, you need to go to Chevy Chase, where you will find Neiman Marcus, Saks, Sephora, Bloomingdale's MAC, and Santa Maria Novella. Otherwise, Tysons is a couple of miles away from the nearest Metro. They are building rail to Tysons, but it won't open for a few more years.

Charlestongirl said...

Ines, it has a slight shimmer, but nothing "obtrusive." I really don't notice it on my face.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Buggsiebee!

Yes, I posted mid-morning when I got time. I am wearing it as a blush. It's sooooo pretty!

Jo said...

OMG CG, I was just browsing at Nordstrom online at the new arrivals and I saw the new YSL bronzer in healthy glow. I'm dying! It's gorgeous. I'm going to forgo this Pucci for it. Do you have it yet or are you going to get it?

Zeynep said...

**swoon**

Charlestongirl said...

Jo, do you mean the Dior one?

Charlestongirl said...

An appropriate reaction, Zeynep!

Anonymous said...

I love this collecttion!! I purchased all of it at BGnas well.

It seems like every summer we have the same question Guerlain, Chanel or Dior bronzers? I purchased all if them, but I think this Guerlain one may be the winner!

What do you think?
Beth

Charlestongirl said...

Argh! Beth, I hate making choices. It's like Miss America from year to year. Who's the fairest of them all!

This Guerlain bronzer-blusher made my heart beat faster than the others I love.

Jo said...

CG, I'm talking about this one http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/yves-saint-laurent-terre-saharienne-poudre-de-soleil-bronzing-powder-spf-12/3315553?origin=category&resultback=1326

Cindy's Societal said...

Another gorgeous bronzer!! :D YAY