Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coming Attraction: Guerlain Terra Azzurra Summer 2012 Makeup Collection by Emilio Pucci

A beautiful summer is a summer when the warm sunlight blends with the scents of the Mediterranean.

The Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Collection embodies the union of two prestigious houses in perfect synergy. This exceptional makeup collaboration draws its inspiration from summertime in the Italian Riviera, with its light-hearted and energetic dolce vita attitude that welcomes the warm, sea weather. Created by Guerlain Creative Director, Olivier Échaudemaison, and Pucci’s Image Director, Laudomia Pucci, the collection embraces summer with delightfully sunny shades and vibrant bursts of color. The common thread of this second collaboration is a motif inspired by an iconic print, “Winter Capri,” taken from the Emilio Pucci archives. Exclusively retouched for this collection, this signature print, a blue flower interlaced with swirls and flames, adds a joyful and elegant Pucci touch to the Guerlain summer products.

The Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush ($75), shown above, is the star of the collection. This exquisite powder and blush combines two success stories: Guerlain’s legendary Terracotta powder and Emilio Pucci’s iconic prints. The world of beauty and fashion unite in a single case to beautifully enhance the complexion. Half bronzer and half blush, this hybrid powder has a lightweight formula and offers a universal harmony of four shades. The outer case pays tribute to the paneling of a Riva yacht with an ebony-colored varnished wood. The Bronzing Powder & Blush is presented in an accessory pouch with the Pucci motif - the ultimate summer accessory.

Météorites Perles d'Azur ($58), the must-have multi-colored little pearls, are adopting their summer wardrobe! Encased in Pucci-adorned packaging, Météorites Perles d'Azur is enriched with a corrective blue pearl to create a flawless complexion. Formulated like the classic Météorites Perles, the Perles d’Azur beautifully adapts to the demands of the sun by combining six colors that even out and correct every skin tone.
  • Corrective effect: blue and pink counter the warm tones in tired complexions
  • Skin-evening effect: beige and orange warm up the complexion and create an even tan.
  • Illuminating effect: ivory and white gold are light reflectors without a whitening effect.
Météorites Pucci Collector's Brush ($38), an elegant kabuki-style powder brush, is designed to work perfectly with Météorites Perles d'Azur pigments to pick up just the right amount of Terra Azzurra Powder. The chic, midnight blue brush is stored in a Pucci print pouch.

Écrin 4 Couleurs Eye Shadow ($59) in Capri (#13) - a sophisticated brown metallic case encloses warm-toned shadows that will electrify your eyes! These soft, light powders caress the eyelids with a velvety touch for a natural or sophisticated result that is mesmerizing.

Le 2 Mascara ($36), the iconic Le 2 Mascara will embrace summer with an elegant blue shade that will open up the eyes and give the lashes bold length, curl, and definition. The color for summer? Blu 2 Pucci, #14.

Khôl Kajal ($36), the cult favorite, returns for summer in an intense indigo blue. Apply it along the waterline to enhance the eyes instantly or draw a line along the upper lashes to add a modern sophistication. Look for Blu Acqua, #02.

Terracotta Gloss ($30.50) will light up the lips with sensual shine in three, radiant, limited-edition shades named after iconic Pucci silk scarves.
  • #10, Porto Fino, an incredibly shiny coral pink to set off a sun-kissed glow to perfection
  • #11, Porto Ercole, a sensual brown to highlight a spice-toned complexion
  • #12, Porto Azzurro, an "unruly" indigo blue, as transparent on the lips as it is vibrant in the tube
Terracotta Nail Polish ($22) will arrive in two bold shades that will make your nails stand out. These irresistible polishes are a must-have for a subtle touch that will perfectly complement a day at the beach or a cocktail party. Shade #01, Paradisio, is a cheery, luminous coral pink with a high-lacquer finish. Shade #02, Riviera, is a powerful electric indigo blue with a subtly metallic finish.

I pre-ordered my favorites from Bergdorf Goodman, where the collection should be available for the April gift card event. Additionally, it's slated to arrive beginning in May at selection locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Bloomingdale's.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain

31 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love the eyeshadows very pretty. Have you seen any rouge automatics lippies? I heard there were some new colors in those. Guerlain always seems to have something new and exciting each season. Thanks for the preview.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm not sure I've seen new colors, Mary Ann. I need to hit the counters!

Eileen said...

I haven't been this excited by a summer collection in awhile. I do better with a dash of color rather than sticking to gilded neutrals. My darling Guerlain gal already has my "must have" list. She's as good as gold so I know she'll call me as soon as they arrive. I'm getting that luscious coral lip gloss, the bronzing powder, Météorites, guad, and, although I need the brush like I need a hole in my head, I couldn't resist adding the adorable Pucci brush to my loot. This is unequivocally my favorite summer collection of all the sneak peeks I've seen so far and, judging from the exceptional quality of Guerlain's recent collections, I'm sure the quality will match the beauty.

I'm not so sure about the blue items in the collection. I've seen enough award show red carpets lately to know that blue on the eyes is very trendy, but my eye color requires a warm blue rather than navy so I'll have to actually see the Khôl Kajal. As for the deep blue gloss, I understand it is very sheer and is supposed to make your teeth look whiter. Hmmm . . . I'll have to see that one in person as well.

Hi Mary Ann,

The Rouge Automatique Shine has already landed on many counters. They're gorgeous, but I'm holding off on purchasing until I pick up my other goodies so I can combine everything for one of my triple point days. They're not LE so there is no hurry.

Mary Ann said...

Thank you Eileen for the update, they look like they have alot of sparkle to them. Good idea to wait for bonus points. Our Saks closed in PGH, the girls in NYC store are very helpful.

Eileen said...

Hi Mary Ann--again :-)

You're right about the shine formula being quite sparkly. I was able to give it a test run and found that when the color finally wore off after a few hours, I had some tiny sparkles on my lips--nothing major, but definitely there. This is Guerlain, though, so there aren't chunks of the stuff, but women who don't like any glitter, micro or otherwise, will want to give these a miss. Personally, I liked the translucent and reflective quality of the shine formulation and will definitely be getting some for summer when transparent color is the order of the day. Like all the other Rouge Automatique, these are very smooth and hydrating.

Olivia J said...

Oh no! An eye kohl in blue! Let me see if my lemming will succumb!

Little Red said...

The eyeshadow quad, the pearls, and the bronzer/blush look droolworthy!

Evelyn said...

I have to get the bronzing powder & blush and the meteorites, that's it! I admit I'm curious about the kohl but all I can think of is getting blue all over my face. lol I'm so excited!

On a totally random note, I walked into my local Sephora which is being redone and they had Armani cosmetics! Plus Edward Bess, Ellis Faas... It looks like they are enlarging the Guerlain area so I hope they will have these too.

Cindy's Societal said...

Must get EVERYTHING! Thanks for the advance notice :D

Cindy

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen,

You are I seem to flip over Guerlain collections. Maybe because they are so good?

I ordered the powders (pressed and Météorites), the brush (yep, needed it like I needed back surgery - oh wait, I do need back surgery), and all three glosses. I will wait to see the rest of the items in person to decide what else I can't live without.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen and Mary Ann,

Thanks for sharing the Rouge Automatique Shine info with everyone!

Charlestongirl said...

Face it, Olivia, you will succumb. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Little Red,

As usual, Guerlain makes new things we MUST have.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evelyn,

The kohl is "hard." Not to worry about fall-out.

Now, seriously? Armani at Sephora? I'm stunned.

Charlestongirl said...

Cindy, this collection is going to sell out faster than you can say "Guerlain." Make sure to pre-order.

Leigh said...

I have nothing to add except that I need the bronzer/blush. Is there someone in the DC area I can call to pre-order?

Z said...

I can't wait for your reviews of the powders. I need something with a little color for spring and I'm sure one of these is just what I need. My Météorites compact is just about empty so I'm ready for more Guerlain!

Adriana said...

Who's your contact for the pre-order? If I don't have to wait until May to get them I will pre-order them too.

Charlestongirl said...

Leigh, you could call Christina (Christine?) at Saks Chevy or that sweet Guerlain gal at Neiman Marcus Tysons. Wish I could remember her name right now. Or call Sonny Noble (SA) at NM Mazza. She can help you with anything.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Z!

Don't wait for a review of these. Pre-order. I think they will sell out on the first day. Just a hunch. Besides that, as you know, the Météorites are finishing powders; they won't show up well in photos.

Call Jason Beers at Bergdorf Goodman at (212) 872-2734.

Charlestongirl said...

Adriana, tweeted you. Or see comment above. :)

Evelyn said...

I was stunned too, as that would be my dream of what Sephora could be. A boutique carrying excellent lines in an easy environment minus the snooty sales assistants that can plague the more exclusive department stores.

Less Tokidoki and Hello Kitty, more Guerlain, Givenchy and Armani! :)

CGirl said...

I am so excited for this collection. I want the bronzer, meteorites, and brush for sure. I'm debating about whether the coral gloss will look on me. How do you preorder? I am no near a counter; do I just call one up and say I want to preorder the collection?

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn, my dream store!

Charlestongirl said...

CGirl, just call Jason Beers at Bergdorf Goodman. (212) 872-2734

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Charlestongirl! Jason is a total sweetheart and I have my Météorites and brush on pre-order. I think this will be the perfect powder for me this spring over my winter favorite Voyage Mythic compact.
-Z.

Anonymous said...

By "over" I meant "instead of". :-)
-Z

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pics! I was able to get to BG today and order the collection, I can't wait!!

BethC

Anonymous said...

Can you pre-order if you don't live anywhere near a store/counter that sells Guerlain?

philippines properties said...

Fantastic stuff and I like it. I will refer this to my friend. She will surely like it. Thank you and keep posting.

Charles A

vintageporcelaindoll said...

I cannot wait! I've already pre-ordered a few of the items. Thanks for posting this because my local department stores have a knack for neglecting to tell me about rare, beautiful collections. I nearly missed out on the Cruel Gardenia thanks to a bad Guerlain representative.