Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsick in Pink 500, Ecstasy

Giorgio Armani Beauty's Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks ($30) have arrived. I went overboard when I ordered. Even so, at the time, Pink #500, Ecstasy, was not available. Now, it's mine, courtesy of my friends at Armani. I am thrilled.

The new Sheer Lipsticks feature a fabulous creamy texture, feather-light and translucent, as hydrating as a balm. The brilliant colors are wearable and chic. Don't be mislead by how the colors look in the tube - try them!

A cutting-edge color formulation process, the Color Shine Moisture Polymer, a revolutionary ingredient, is able to retain twice its volume of water and enhance color luminosity while locking in hydration on the lip surface for over eight hours.

Three shades hover between straight orange and pink-orange: Acid Tangerine 300, Mandarin Orange 301, and Orange Mutation 302. Three incandescent reds, sheer versions of Rouge d’Armani 400 are available: Red Carpet 400, Ripe 401, and Scarlato 402. Three lively transparent pinks will make you pink lovers delirious: Ecstasy 500, Vita 501, and Blush 502. Three purple shades, Bitten 600, Tulipe Noire 601, and Black Lacquer 602, are divine.

I've shown you all my early purchases - nine shades in all, out of 12 (just search here on "Armani" to see the features). Think I bought enough of them? Think I love the new Sheers? Now I have 10 - one, maybe two, for every mood and daily fashion choice.

Doesn't Pink 500 look red in the photo above? That's how it looks in the tube. On the lips? A gorgeous fuchsia rose that's irresistible. It's perky. It makes me look alive and ready to roll. It's a beautifully feminine shade - the most intense shade of my new Rouge d'Armani Sheers, but easily wearable. The color gleams with a liveliness that will delight pink and fuchsia lovers.

I'm just as excited about these new lipsticks as I was when they first arrived. If you like sheer lip color, you won't want to miss out on Giorgio Armani's Rouge d'Armani Sheers. Fortunately, these new lipsticks are not limited editions. You can take your time selecting one or more. They were introduced to replace Armani's original Sheer Lipstick, which is still available in a few shades, but I expect the original will disappear with sell-through.

The new Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks have the magnetic snap in the case that was introduced with Rouge d'Armani. It never gets old. Iove the elegant snap when I close my lipstick. The extra touches make such a difference!

You can find the Rouge d'Armani Sheer Lipsticks at Armani Beauty's Web site and at Armani Beauty counters. Saks and Neiman Marcus come to mind because that's where we have counters. All but one of mine were purchased online.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

14 comments:

Nemo said...

Love this, just love it. Which of the 3 orangies do you like the best?

Elysse said...

It lookes like it is one of those colours that instantly brighten your complexion! Gorgeous!

bisbee said...

This is so pretty - I know I bought one of the pinks, but I don't have it with me, so I have to wait until I get home!

I do have 3 of the "purples" - actually plum, in my opinion. Unfortunately, viewing my order history on giorgioarmanibeauty.com just tells me I bought the lipsticks, not what colors they were!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Can you please tell me how #500 compares to #501? Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

OK I wish I could buy as many of these as you! What shade (or two) do you think I should try first. They all look so darn beautiful I can't decide!

Michelle MaBelle said...

So pretty! So are you saying that Armani sent you this for free or that you were able to find it on line? I think I saw 500 at my local counter.

Charlestongirl said...

Memo, I only have Coral 300, so it's my favorite by default.

Charlestongirl said...

It does, Odyssey! Perks me right up. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bisbee, those plums are exquisite!

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I have swatches of all the pinks. Just do a search on Rouge d'Armani Sheer, and you will see the swatches.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi PP, having never seen you, I can't help with your best shade. Just go with your instincts.

Charlestongirl said...

Michelle, this shade was sent to me by PR. At first, it wasn't available online.

Isla said...

How many swipes/layers did you do for the arm swatch? The color is so intense and yet translucent at the same time...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Isla,

I do a swatch and then even the edges. So the swatch in the center is usually two to three swipes, but there's additional product used to even out the edges. I'm a bad artist.