Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chantecaille Luminous Gloss Collection for Summer 2012

For the perfect pop of color and splash of shine, Chantecaille has created the new Luminous Gloss Collection ($32 each) and introduced them with its Summer 2012 Collection. These unique, new lip glosses offer 3-D glass-like shine for up to six hours. The shades, shown above from left to right, are Coco, Lychee, Guava, and Passionfruit inspired by exotic summer fruits. I ordered all four. Who wouldn't want them all? They are luscious.


My glosses are everything I expect from Chantecaille and more. I took the photo directly above in morning sun. It could be brighter, but still shows the warm shades nicely. From left to right in my photo, they are Coco, Guava, Lychee, and Passionfruit - a different order than shown above. I swatched in that same order, from left to right. I took my swatch photos in full sun.

All four shades are lightly shimmering and pretty. Actually, they gleam. They are lively and radiant, but not especially shimmery. They have a mirror-like appearance.  All four saturated shades look great on their own or over a lipstick. They feel great on the lips - moist, but not sticky. They have a medium weight on the lips - enough substance to give them lasting power.

Coco, shown at the top of my arm is a beautiful, natural brown. It provides a superb nude look on my lips. It has warmth and just a touch of rose. Guava is a hybrid shade, a warm mixture of pink and peach. Lychee is peach to my eye, but it has a hint of pink in it. Passionfruit is a juicy coral - the color of the year.

These new glosses have a doe-foot applicator and an entirely new formulation. I highly recommend them.

The Luminous Glosses can be purchased now at Chantecaille.com. The rest of the collection will be available soon. You can pre-order at other sites, such as Saks.com.

Photos at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Coco! Need!

Veronica said...

So pretty!! I want them all!!

Charlestongirl said...

Yep, PP, Coco is a superstar!

Jo said...

Nordstrom online has them in stock. I ordered lychee but will probably go back for coco and passionfruit after seeing your swatches. Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Veronica!

I couldn't resist. I love Chantecaille glosses, and these colors were all so luscious. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey, Jo, everyone has them in stock online. I'm excited now to see the rest of the collection - anywhere! Online or in stores. Can't wait!

Gail said...

I bought Guava and find it kind of sticky tbh. Chante's Brilliant Glosses are still my faves!

Charlestongirl said...

Gail, I don't find it sticky, but I can feel it on my lips. That's how it lasts. Super-lightweight glosses are gone in a New York minute.

Nicole said...

All of these Chantecaille glosses are beautiful but Coco is my favorite. I'm going to have to buy that one!