Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dior Addict Lip Balm in Crystal Coral

I always have lip balm with me - in my handbag, desk drawer, bathroom, next to my bed, and usually in my pocket. If my lips don't feel moist, I feel out of sorts. Even though I'm a lip balm addict, I'm selective. I love to wear tinted balms during the day, so I suspect I'll wear Dior's new limited-edition Addict Lip Balm in Crystal Coral ($30) down to a nub in no time.

In a shimmering coral, the color of the year, Crystal Coral (#003) is sunny and beautiful. Because it's sheer, it will look great on everyone. Inspired by runway makeup artists, who begin every application with a smoothing, moisturizing treatment, Dior created Dior Addict Lip Balm, an incredibly smooth balm with intense lip-care action for radiant makeup results. 

A formula enhanced with exceptionally powerful nourishing oils delivers plump and beautiful lips that feel moist for hours. Plus the color will make you look alive, even when you don't feel perky.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun. You can see that the shade is a pinky coral, a hue that works well for me. With the added color of my lips, it offers just enough color to look good on its own. Of course, it can be worn under or over a lipstick, and it's particularly fabulous when paired with a lip stain (try it with YSL's new Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain).

Sephora calls Crystal Coral exclusive, but you can purchase it at the Dior Web site too (as is often the case with exclusives). The pink shades that preceded Crystal Coral are available at Dior.com/beauty, while Sephora is only offering Crystal Coral.

Photo at top courtesy of Dior; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

ThinkOrange said...

It's a balm but it's too sheer for my taste, but still I have a week spot for Dior:)

meredith said...

I am so pleased with Dior Summer 2012! I bought the Aurora e/s palette, Jet Set Addict lipstick, and will probably be going back for this balm and the bronzer.

yesplease1816 said...

I have to have this one...as well as a few other Dior Addict Extremes. Any kind of sheer lipstick or tinted balm is right up my alley--as I don't usually wear full-coverage lipsticks (but I do make exceptions!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ThinkOrange,

I'll bet you'd love the new orange gloss!

Charlestongirl said...

Meredith, I got 002 today. I learned at the counter that the one I bought was meant to be matte, but there are two that are blusher/bronzer combos, with shimmer. 002 is one of them.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, yesplease! I bought a nice new BB one today. There are four new sheers in the thin tubes. Forget at this second what they are called.

yesplease1816 said...

Me too! They're called the Treatment Lip Shine SPF 15. What color(s) did you get? I got Peach Sorbet. It's truly a lovely peach--it's more along the lines of what I had been hoping the Fresh Sugar Coral Tinted Lip Treatment would be, but that one turned out a little too red for my liking

Eileen said...

Hi Meredith; Hi Charlestongirl,

Do you think Dior could have made it any more confusing with the names of their various bronzers this year? The one I bought is the new multi-colored, slightly shimmery one called Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder in 002 Sunlight. The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it? The solid colored ones are called Diorskin Nude Tan Nude Glow Sun Powder. Then, to further comlicate things, there are the matte versions. Oy! Someone at Dior has a warped sense of humor! LOL