Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick for Holiday 2011

In a departure from the bands of stripes we've come to love in our Shimmer Bricks, Bobbi Brown's Party Shimmer Brick ($40) features only two glamorous shades: gold and silver. The high-luster combo of silver and gold will brighten your face and give you a sparking glow.

The Party Time Collection for Holiday 2011 arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria, complete with this Shimmer Brick - the centerpiece of the collection - beautiful dual-ended eye liners (I purchased one), lipsticks and lip glosses (including gold and silver high-shine glosses), and eye shadow quads that will provide you with all the color you'll need to sparkle at your holiday parties. There's a brush set housed in a pretty silver case too. It's party time!

I've barely begun to experiment with my Party Shimmer Brick. The pure gold and silver shades can be used on the eyes or face - and can be used alone or blended. I swatched the palette for you, taking my photos in full sun.

At the top of my arm in the photo at right, I applied a "stripe" of each shade (heavily) with a sponge-tipped applicator. Then, using a sponge-tipped applicator again, I blended out the shades a bit below, showing the gold above the silver. If you apply these shades with a brush, they are much more sheer on the face, but that would be nearly impossible for me to photograph.

Like other Shimmer Bricks, the Party Shimmer Brick does sparkle, but it's not a "glitter bomb" at all. When applied with a brush, either color alone or both blended together will give your face a pretty, highlighting sheen with the glimmer of precious metals. This Shimmer Brick offers shine and polish.

Doing a warm look? Lightly sweep the gold shade across your face or use it as a highlighter on the feature(s) you want to spotlight. Going for a cool look instead? Use the silver. Want a neutral glow? Mix the shades and apply wherever you wish - you'll look party-perfect and polished.

I never miss a Shimmer Brick Compact, and I wouldn't have missed this one. I saw its photo months ago, and I've been waiting eagerly for it to arrive in stores. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. I'm sure it will be available soon at all Bobbi Brown counters and on Bobbi Brown's Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

I don't really know Bobbi Brown cosmetics- I have always been drawn to the French or Asian- filled up my coffers (emptied my bank account) and lain in wait for the next Chanel collection as my bank account repaired itself from the damage inflicted. Your consistently glowing (tee hee) reviews are leading me to believe I might have to peruse the counter. I so don't need another cosmetic addiction- but perhaps my will will stay strong. I do, however, use her non oily eye makeup remover- have for years. My eyes will not tolerate any oily removers. I'll have to review your previous posts before I hit the collection.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi LSBD!

Bobbi Brown consistently offers a variety of makeup that includes something for everyone. It's a line that I think every beauty lover should know. When you go to the counter, ask the rep to show you the latest glam colors, but also some basics that are perfect for you.

Almay makes oil-free eye makeup removal pads that are inexpensive and effective. Drugstore prices that save your money for luxury makeup!

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

thanks for the Almay tip!

the display photo looks so pretty......

Your coloring is so similar to mine- do you have a favorite highlighter? I know- so hard to choose amongst your babies......

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Great review!! (I'm up to my eyeballs in Shimmerbricks from Bobbi...BUT, I could use another one...lol)

Charlestongirl said...

I don't have only one I would choose, LSBD, but you must own YSL's Touche Éclat.

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal, I was a bit surprised that this palette was named a Shimmer Brick. It's so different. There...justify it that way!

Mona said...

Hello
I love your blog! Thank you for doing this because I can't always spend the time at the mall so I come here to see if there is something I can't live with out :)

I was wondering if you tried the new High shimmer glosses in the display
Silver Pearl and gold pearl?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mona,

I played with the glosses. They are very pretty. If I didn't already own plenty of silver and gold glosses, I would have purchased them.

Mona said...

Thanks! I actually went ahead and purchased them from the photo you had of the display I also got the gold shadows paint so thank you!


Awesome blog I check it everyday!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh Mona, I was seriously tempted by the gold shadows? What do you think?

Mona said...

Hi
They are really beautiful, Better than expected! I will use this set a lot this holiday season, nice pigment and I am middle eastern so they go with my coloring. The glosses are wonderful prettier in person and I may even buy back ups of them.

Charlestongirl said...

I'm so glad, Mona! You might want to take a look at the new YSL silver gloss before you buy a second BB one. They are both pretty, but wouldn't it be fun to have one of each? :)

Mona said...

I saw that on your blog and I was ready to buy them but then I was worried that they may be like the ones I tried b4, the golden glosses I tried were not very glossy which is fine but for the silver one you tested I wanted to ask if its got that nice shine on the lips? the other color (purple) was really pretty I will get that one but I def wanted to ask about the silver shine?