Thursday, October 20, 2011

Laura Mercier Limited-Edition Kohl Eye Pencil Set for Holiday 2011

This is the time of year for gift sets - a perfect way to explore a brand or perhaps a new-to-you product from a line you like. Laura Mercier always offers great gift sets for the holiday season. They are stocked with beautiful, popular colors - never the ones that didn't sell over the year. Have you ever noticed how the "reject shades" often show up in value sets produced by some brands? I consider them "filler." I've never seen that with Laura Mercier's sets.

Laura Mercier's Limited-Edition Kohl Eye Pencil Set ($45) is quite a value, and it's stocked with gorgeous colors. Normally, the Kohl Eye Pencils cost $19. With this set, you get five for $45!

Each Kohl Eye Pencil is formulated specifically for lining the inside of the eyelid and the base of the lashes. The soft, creamy formula glides easily along the eyelid, creating a smooth and well-balanced line. They also smudge nicely before the color sets. The luxurious texture allows anyone to achieve the perfect "smoky eye" with maximum wearability.

The colors in this set are Storm Grey, Black Violet, Brown Copper, Black Gold, and Black Navy. They could not be a more perfectly edited assortment.

Sometimes it's hard to wax poetic about eyeliners. They don't always inspire the passion that other types of makeup create. Laura Mercier's Kohl Eye Pencils should inspire passion. The colors are gorgeous, they line effortlessly, and they add an extremely flattering definition to the eyes. I was thrilled to find this set at Neiman Marcus.
Here are the five shades swatched and photographed in full sun. What an assortment! This set provides a choice of colors to complement any look.

I swatched clockwise, starting at top left with Black Violet. It's more black than violet. The next shade is Black Navy, which appears to be a greyed blue on my skin. The next is Stormy Grey, a nice dark grey (and very useful) shade. Brown Copper is next, and Black Gold is an ultra-glam shade for the times when you need some pizzazz.

Laura Mercier has other gift sets available this season. I purchased four! You can see them all at Laura Mercier's Web site or find them at your favorite Laura Mercier counter. They are definitely worth a look-see.

Photo at top courtesy of Laura Mercier; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

I got a set of these a while back at Sephora... I loved the colors and how they applied but these ran down my face within an hour of application. =( Kohls are soft, so they move a bit, but the LM ones were so extreme.

Charlestongirl said...

Curious, my friend...do you have oily skin? On my dry skin, they don't budge.

One thing I really like about these pencils is that they are soft and transfer color to my lid effortlessly, but they aren't so soft they break with the slightest pressure.

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

I do have an oily t-zone, but as for the eyes no other kohls are bad on me. MAC Kohls are my HG liners. Perhaps they've reformulated them since I tried them? It has been awhile

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
Here is another temptation for me: I love kohl and those gorgeous colors appeal to me: I will be in Paris to-morrow and hope they will be in Le Printemps (only place where I can find LM at present, but soon we'll have a French website I'm told and we'll be able to order on line)

Charlestongirl said...

I don't know, BlushingNoir! I can ask my fave LM rep.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I really think this set is a great buy! So are the others I haven't had time to feature. Have fun shopping!

Brooke @ Blushing Noir said...

that would be great! I look forward to hearing what she says =)