Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ultraflesh Perfect Pinks 6-Piece Set and Sephora Friends & Family Sale

Ultraflesh quickly lept to my "favorite brand" list when it was introduced at Sephora. Because an online Sephora Friends & Family sale started today, it's a great day to tell you about the Perfect Pinks ($29), a six-piece set of mini-sized lipsticks - three sheer and three matte - to suit your every mood.

There are actually two Ultraflesh sets (reds and pinks), but the pinks are my colors. They are delightful little lipsticks, perfect for popping into my handbag. I paid full price, but with Friends & Family, you can get a discount.

The six colors span the pink spectrum. It might have been a good idea to give the sheers and mattes different names, but that's a minor quibble with such pretty colors.
  • Ethereal (matte golden pink)
  • Tender (matte baby pink)
  • Fragile (matte hot pink)
  • Ethereal (sheer golden pink)
  • Tender (sheer baby pink)
  • Fragile (sheer hot pink)
I took my swatch photos in full sun in the following order, top to bottom on my arm. Tender sheer it at the top of my arm. Tender matte is below the sheer. Ethereal matte follows, with Ethereal sheer below it. At the bottom, Fragile sheer is above Fragile matte. I did get them "out of order" in the middle. The little devils were rolling on my driveway's incline as I tried to line them up like little soldiers for the photo above. Fortunately, each is labeled on the bottom, so I'm sure my swatch photos are properly identified.

Because I'm partial to sheer lipsticks, the sheers are my personal favorites, but I will wear all of them. Most of the colors are "conservative," meaning stunningly wearable. The only shade that is dashingly bright is the Fragile matte. Isn't that an interesting name for the hot pink? The Fragile shades are the coolest, while the Ethereal shades are the warmest. Could I choose a favorite? It might be Ethereal sheer, but it's a toss-up when compared with the other two sheers. I like them all and consider this introductory set to be a great value.

To get your Sephora Friends & Family discount code, go to this Sephora link and enter your e-mail address. The promotion is valid through November 2, but it's a one-time use code this time. Make sure to do all your shopping in one visit. While you're at Sephora online, make sure to look at all the fabulous Ultraflesh makeup.

Photo at top courtesy of Ultraflesh; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Eileen said...

I just submitted a small Sephora order. I don't really think of this promo as "Friends and Family". This is just a single use on-line coupon for 20% off. Sephora is using this as a way of gathering e-mail addresses for marketing purposes. No harm there since 20% is 20% :-) I imagine there will be a legit "Friends and Family" in store and on-line event later in November as usual--at least I hope so!

By the way, Sephora has Nars G-Spot on-line.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen, I'm chuckling because I don't really care what they call it. As you said, 20% is 20%, and I had a running list of items in my cart. It was great timing for me. :)

To everyone who hasn't purchased NARS G-Spot yet: Get it NOW at Sephora. I would love to have had that 20% discount. I try not to think about the horrid name.

The Beauty Bug said...

Hi Charlestongirl, please tell us what you are purchasing at Sephora. I am having a blank and really don't know what to get.

Harshleen said...

Thanks for the Sephora friends and family link!! :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey BeautyBug...to embarrassing to admit how much I ordered. Follow your heart! Check out NARS Holiday for sure. Fresh too.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Harshleen, hope it works for you. See later post. There were some issues today.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I am so bummed...I just placed a Sephora order yesterday!!! (YESTERDAY!) So, now I'm debating: return it when it gets here and just reorder everything today? Or just live with it...Would that be a bad girl thing to do?t

Charlestongirl said...

Val, have you used the link to get a 20% Friends & Family discount yet? If not, or if you have two e-mail addresses, go ahead and order a second time! :)