Monday, October 10, 2011

FREEZE IT MEGA FREEZE Hairspray - Special Breast Cancer Awareness Promotion

Every year there are a few standouts among the many products branded to fight breast cancer in October. One of my favorites this year is FREEZE IT MEGA FREEZE (about $8) fast-drying hairspray with humidity-resistant hold and optical brighteners for enhanced shine.

Key Brands International, which makes FREEZE IT in multiple formulations, has partnered with Susan G. Komen for the Cure for 2011 and 2012 to raise funds for the fight against breast cancer, the only mass-market hair-care brand to partner with the charity. Three percent (3%) of sales will be donated in addition to a $100,000 initial donation that was made to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month and join the cause.

Key Brands sent me a can of FREEZE IT MEGA FREEZE to try. I'm incredibly picky about hairsprays. They must preserve my hair style all day without being heavy or sticky (I hate it when my hair feels like straw, even if it is in place), and they cannot be heavily fragranced. Any fragrance a hair styling product might have has to be very light and pleasant and dissipate quickly. FREEZE IT passed all my tests, but gave me more. It added a lovely shine!

Here are some of the qualities of FREEZE IT MEGA FREEZE.
  • Humidity resistant
  • Quick drying
  • UV protection
  • Extreme freeze hold
  • Non-sticky and non-flaking
  • Water free
  • Enriched with panthenol vitamin B5
The optical brightners make brown hair richer, red hair brighter, black hair shinier, and blonde hair more true to color by increasing light and color reflection. FREEZE IT MEGA FREEZE should enhance all types of hair - natural and color-treated.

FREEZE IT is not tested on animals, complies with VOC requirements, and reminds us to recycle on the can - all good things. Not only that, we don't have to order online or drive out of our way to find it. CVS, Walmart, Kmart, Kroger, Walgreens, and Rite Aid are among the mass market retailers that carry it. Check out the company's Web site or Facebook page.

Since my last favorite hairspray was discontinued, I was on the hunt for a new one. I wasted money on several frou-frou, expensive brands that smelled. I've found my new favorite! I'll be sticking with FREEZE IT. They care.

Photo courtesy of Key Brands

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I will have to be on the look out for this one. Unfortunately, as we get older, our hair loses the shine associated with youth and good health. Consequently, I only use hair products that promise to enhance shine. This sounds like a very fine one coming from a company with a good social conscience.

I hope that everyone is supporting those businesses that are donating to the fight against breast cancer. We can do this, ladies!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

My hair stylist gets really excited about sprays that add shine. I've got to remember to take my can in to show her Friday.

I feel the same way about supporting companies that donate to fight breast cancer. I want to support them, particularly when their contribution is significant, like that made by Key Brands!