Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chantecaille Poudre de Perle in South Seas Pearl for Holiday 2011

I've been waiting for Chantecaille's Poudre de Perle in South Seas Pearl ($55), a new shade for the holidays. It arrived at Neiman Marcus, and I am the happy new owner of the latest Poudre de Perle shade.

This innovative all-over highlighting formula arrives in its own brush and delivers the perfect amount of luminosity to all skin tones. The smart formula replaces traditional talc particles with weightless, silky, and translucent optics that ensure skin clarity and luminosity. Particles of zinc, iron, and mica provide mineral content to calm sensitive skin and fortify it from environmental elements. It's gorgeous too.

Poudre de Perle built on the unparalleled success of Protection Naturelle, Chantecaille's excellent powder that delivers full-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Poudre de Perle's innovative powder formula is contained with its own brush and delivers the perfect amount of color. The first shade introduced, Biwa, is a pearly warm pink shade with golden peach highlights. It's perfect for most skin tones and skin types. Not only is the blush convenient to apply, it's refillable. I like the re-use concept. Less waste will help us be better stewards of our planet.

I took a photo of my own South Seas Pearl in the store (it's drizzly fizzly and very cloudy outside) and tried to swatch it there too. Because South Seas Pearl is very light, I didn't have much luck with my in-store photos. They show my arm with a light sparkle. Once I got home, I opened the top and put a small foundation brush directly into the powder to apply it to my arm heavily, ensuring that I had enough pigment and hopefully enough light to make the powder show up in an outdoor photo. I did - barely.

I think you should be able to see that South Seas Pearl is a beautiful light rose gold. It sparkles, like Biwa does, but not in a way that's distracting to me. The more you apply, the more color you'll see on your face.

South Seas Pearl can be used all over the face or in selected areas that you want to highlight. It's a color that I think will appeal to many, leaving behind a transparent, shimmering veil that's flattering and slightly warming.

Since it has arrived at Neiman Marcus, you'll be able to try before you buy. If you can't wait, check it out at Chantecaille's Web site, where there's currently a special offer. With any $125 purchase, you'll receive Amaretto Lip Gloss PSF 15 - the one worn by Angelina Jolie on the cover of Vanity Fair.

Photo at top courtesy of Chantecaille; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Leigh said...

I like the fact that this has no talc.

What are some of your other favorites from Chantecaille, if I wanted to reach that $125 threshold?

Miss Brahms said...

I can make a suggestion Leigh - make a custom eyeshadow palette! The eyeshadows are lovely - they glide nicely on the eye, and the color stays on the lid, rather than flaking off the brush. The pigments are microencapsulated, so that the color stays true and is great for sensitive eyes - no pigment in your baby blues. Ask C-girl what some great colors are - I know she will recommend Sel, one of her favorites!

lovethescents said...

That is lovely! I adore Biwa, it is a staple for sure :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Leigh, I love BIWA blush, the predecessor to South Seas Perle, the Tiger in the Wild and Sea Turtle Palettes, which is still available, the New Classic Palette, the bronzers...oh my, everything, really. I'm no help. It's such a divine line!

jo said...

I just got the email from the Chantecaille website that shows the new holiday look! I want every product they used for the look. It's beautiful! I love Biwa and will be picking up South Seas for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks great! Thanks for the feature, I haven't seen this anywhere else yet. I was just wondering, as I don't have a counter to test this--when applied, is the shimmer sparse/scattered or does it have an even, uniform pearly finish? I hope it's the latter! (Looks like it in your photos.) I've tried Biwa, which has golden micro sparkles scattered in it, but I prefer a sheen or a pearly finish.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jo, I didn't get "that" e-mail, but my friends at Chantecaille let me know. I've been waiting, so I'm glad it's in.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, the shimmer is much like Biwa's. It's got micro-sparkles, not an even sheen UNLESS you apply it the way I did for the swatch.

Leigh said...

Thanks, Miss Brahms and Charlestongirl, for the suggestions. I'll keep them in mind for the future. When I returned to the website today, the special offer was gone. There was free shipping, though, so I went ahead and got just the Poudre de Perle in South Seas Pearl. Looking forward to seeing it on my face.

Charlestongirl said...

I saw that, Leigh. The offer had run its course. I took advantage of the free shipping.