Monday, October 3, 2011

Preview: Chanel Holiday 2011 Color

I'm convinced it's never going to stop raining, and I want you to see a preview of the gorgeous Chanel makeup I'll be swatching this week and wearing soon. I've had these beauties for days, but it has rained for days. The photos here were taken under heavy cloud cover without flash.

The Ombre à Paupières Mono Douceur (Soft Touch Eyeshadow) shades are #407, Blazing Gold (above left), and #417, Beige Lamé (above right).

The Poudre Universelle Libre (Natural Finish Loose Powder) in #47 Féérie is a gorgeous flesh pink shade. It comes with a puff, but I prefer to use a brush to apply loose powder.

Look at this exquisite red! Les Vernis Nail Color in #587, Rouge Carat, captured my heart. I have no idea when I'll wear it, or how often, but I adore the color.

Anything here make your heart race? I'll be writing full features on each item, along with swatches, as soon as the weather allows. I've got a lot more to show you from other lines too. It's an exciting month - and it's only October 3!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Polarbelle said...

I can't wait to see the shadow swatches, particularly the beige lame...it kind of looks like it has "must have" potential.

Charlestongirl said...

Polarbelle, the shades are gorgeous! Such a holiday treat. :)

Word has it that we may see some sunshine tomorrow. "May." Every day the outlook changes.

Flyavsted said...

I will pass on Dior this year, but I see I need nearly everything from Chanel's Holiday collection.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh Flyavsted, wait until you see the Dior lipsticks I just bought. Gorgeous!

Eileen said...

Here's hoping you get the sun soon so you can treat us to what are sure to be some gorgeous swatches. My favorite Chanel gal told me that Beige Lamé was going to be a "must" for me so I'm interested in reading your review. Does anyone know how to do the opposite of a rain dance? :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I've been doing everything I know to chase sunbeams. Even tomorrow isn't looking good. I have to go to court to enforce a conservation easement in the morning. What do you want to bet that it will be raining when I get home?

Supposed to be sunny Wednesday. I'm really hoping to get shadow swatches, at least, tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the polish makes my heart race! I can't wait to see it and the matte top coat that will be released with it.

Madelyn E said...

I am a sucker for luxury holiday collections . I love the nail polish - I am a brunette so that red is gorgeous !

Charlestongirl said...

Ava, if I fell for the polish, I KNOW you will. :)

Will I see you at the Mikey event?

Charlestongirl said...

Madelyn, that's a red that is going to look fabulous on everyone - with every hair color. I think it's just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Rouge Carat looks divine. That definitely set my pulse racing!!

Miss Brahms said...

The Rouge Carat is a breathtakingly gorgeous shimmery blue-red - flattering on everyone. I am not even a nail polish fan and I want one just for my tootsies! Judging from the demand for it, I don't believe it will be at the counters for long.

lovethescents said...

Joining the rest of the Beige Lame camp! It looks beautiful and versatile. Looking forward to the swatches here, and on my arm too :-)

It's been raining here non-stop as well. I don't mind, though, at least it's not hail :-)

Fruity Lashes said...

I'm so jealous your store always get stuff faster hehehe JK! But yea thanks for sharing with us. You have me drool over the Chanel polish hard.

Nina said...

OMG!! When is this collection being release in the US??? And also do you know when the velvet top coat and the other three polishes with it will be realeased? I must know! *faints*

Unknown said...

I won't be able to leave work early enough to see you or Mikey this time.
:(

Charlestongirl said...

Nina, this collection is out now. NM has received it, and it's only a matter of days before everyone Chanel has it.