Monday, October 24, 2011

YSL Beauté Golden Gloss Collection Éclat d'Or Blanc (White Shimmering Gold) Collection for Holiday 2011

The YSL Beauté Holiday 2011 Collection has shipped to department stores, and there are some spectacular pieces. Since I'm a Golden Gloss gal, I was thrilled that the latest collection of three shimmering Golden Gloss ($30) shades had arrived. The collection, called Éclat d'Or Blanc (White Shimmering Gold) Collection for Holiday 2011, offers three choices.
  • Sparkling Silver (No. 46)
  • Sparkling Fuchsia (No. 47)
  • Sparkling Wine (No. 48)
Since the product arrived without testers, I decided to start with two, selecting Sparkling Silver and Sparkling Wine. The second I committed to purchasing Sparkling Wine, I applied it on my lips. I had been wearing a brown-leaning rose lip color, and the addition of the gloss made it magnificent.

Because it looks dark in the tube, Sparking Wine is a little hard to photograph. It appears to be a vibrant, glittering, royal purple. Sparking Silver is well described by its name. I love both shades. One adds color, while the other adds a translucent silver sparkle to my lips.

Sparkling Silver is similar to Chanel's Liaison from the limited-edition Les Deux Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer Duo ($55) for Holiday 2011. The shade is almost clear, but it will make any lip color pop with its glittering shine. Unlike Liaison, the shimmer in Sparking Silver is all silver. Liaison provides multi-colored sparkle.

Shimmering Wine is grape/purple in the tube, but if you have any pink/rose in your lips and wear it without lipstick underneath, it will appear to be a sheer grape-toned rose on your lips. It will add a subtle grape to any lip color you wear underneath. When I applied it, everyone at the counter had one of those "Oooh, nice!" moments. I am thrilled with it.

I've been wearing YSL's Golden Gloss for years. "Worth its weight in gold," this gorgeous gloss dresses my lips in a sophisticated, high-shine shimmer that’s spectacular. Sparkling 24K gold flecks (0.2%) create a mirror-like effect for guaranteed glamour, while a complex of nourishing oils protects and moisturizes for optimal comfort and hydration. It feels fabulous. Golden gloss is scented with a subtle hint of mango that doesn't bother me at all. I think it tastes good. That's saying a lot since I normally dislike lip colors with an overt fragrance or taste.

I haven't seen the latest YSL colors on the YSL Beauté Web site yet, but since they are arriving at YSL counters, they should be widely available soon. I bought mine at Neiman Marcus. These three beauties are definitely worth a look-see. I want to see a tester of Sparkling Fuchsia. I have a strong suspicion that once I test it (or see a swatch), I'll need it.

Photo at top courtesy of YSL Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

sparkling eye said...

Such a lovely collection and perfect gift for this coming holiday season. Thanks for sharing it as I'm now consider buying these great collection of yours.

Rola said...

I have a weakness for YSL Golden Glosses. These are beautiful! Thanks.