Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Enivrée for Holiday 2011

Two Rouge Allure lipsticks arrived at Neiman Marcus with Chanel's Holiday 2011 Collection - one pink and one red. Naturally, I sprang for the pink one. Called Enivrée (#197), it's a gorgeous pink that shimmers with gold sparkles. This Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color ($32) earns its luminous description.

The word "enivrée" means intoxicated. What a great name! I'm intoxicated by the pretty color.

I took a few swatch photos today so that I could show you that it's a gorgeous pink - a must-have pink for pink lipstick lovers. All of my Enivrée photos were taken in full mid-day sun.

I think this shimmering pink is absolutely gorgeous - a great shade for the holidays, but also a great shade for any time of year. It's a neutral, medium-intensity pink - not too warm, not too cool. Even though I took my photos in full sun, I tried to turn the glowing lip color slightly away from the sun so that I could show you its beautiful gleam.

There is a red shade, Famous, that also came with the collection. Kathy Shoreman's iPhone photo showing both new Rouge Allure shades is below. She said the red is gorgeous, a shade she might wear out to dinner with her husband. I can appreciate that many will love the red, but it's not my color. I'm a pink gal.

There's more to come here from Chanel Holiday 2011. Come on back tomorrow. I'm getting swatch photos as quickly as I can.

Chanel's colors for the holidays will be available at Chanel counters nationwide and at Chanel's Web site. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty and courtesy of Kathy Shoreman

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Looking forward to seeing more swatches. I'm very intrigued by Empire Rouge Allure Laque, Sweet Beige glossimer and the Rouge Carat polish.

Soni said...

GORGEOUS!!! Must get this one along with the Guerlain holiday rouge automatique in nude pink (flirt d' jour?) I ♥ lip products. I will never be able to use all that I have, but it doesn't stop me from collecting more. Thank you for the gorgeous pics. =)

Nemo said...

Love, Love, Love.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous! I have gloss photos to put up tonight. Stay tuned...needed to take a break.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Soni! I am really taken with that lipstick. The new Chanel glosses are gorgeous too.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, that about sums it up! :)

Eileen said...

I'm so glad to see a vibrant, warm pink amongst the Rouge Allures. I knew the red would be too much for me, but I like to look festive, too, so I'll have to take a look at Enivrée. Have you tried putting a bit of the gold Glossimer over it yet? Gold is always stunning over red. I wonder if it plays as well with this gorgeous pink.

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, the pink Enivrée lipstick has gold sparkles, and Blazing Gold makes the golden tone more pronounced. I did try it - and I love it!

Mercedes said...

I'm going to a Chanel Event at the end of the month and my list is growing and growing as I read your blog!!!! I'm also a Pink gal!

Charlestongirl said...

Mercedes, fun! You can give the colors a test drive!