Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss Pure Shine Intense Colour Long Wear Lip Gloss in Triomphal for Holiday 2011

There are two new shades of Chanel's Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss Pure Shine Intense Colour Long Wear Lip Gloss ($32) in the Holiday 2011 Collection. Discretion is a luminous beige. Triomphal, my selection, is described as a shimmering red. If Triomphal is really red, I'm suddenly a red lipstick kind of gal.

Chanel's latest generation lip gloss, with rich color and intense shine was inspired by Rouge Allure lipstick. Bold color combines with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear and a deeply dramatic effect. Extrait de Gloss makes the lips feel comfortable - never sticky or tacky - and looks luminous for hours. The double-sided, flocked applicator is beveled to deliver ultra-precise definition.

I swatched Triomphal (#517) in full sun at two angles to the sun. It's a rare red I can wear. Even though the color is intense, it has just enough sheerness to keep it from "taking over" my face.

Triomphal is a blue, rosy red. It's incredibly flattering because it makes my eyes pop blue. I think I could get used to wearing this shade during the day, which distinguishes it from most red lip colors. I think I've found "my red." I'm surprised by how much I like it.

While experimenting with it, I wore it around the house applied with its full intensity. I kept looking in mirrors, admiring it. I also blotted it to achieve a brilliant rose lip color, which looks beautiful topped by the new Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in Sparkle d'Or. It changes character completely when blotted then topped by Sweet Beige, another combination I tried.

What do you think? Like the color? If you're a red phobe like me, Triomphal could ease your transition to a glamorous red lip for the holidays.

I purchased Triomphal at Neiman Marcus. The holiday collection is expected to be available at all Chanel counters and Chanel's Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Nemo said...

Charlestongirl, I always send a list of what I want from each new Chanel collection to my closest Chanel counter manager or to Kathy Shoreman. It's always just a few items. Then I visit your blog and the show's over. Immediately, I start to add new items. Over, and over and over! This is now on my list; and yesterday's. What's next? Haha.

Kassey said...

Thanks for the sharing :) I just wondering thow is the different between this and #60 EXCES, they look similar to me :O

Clarisse said...

I'm not a red phobe, rather a red phile and I adore this Triumphal one, it must be mine too! I adore Chanel's colors, they are really well conceived and suit almost everyone even if at first sight you wouldn'thave chosen that shade!
It's Chanel magic (I think it is due to their lovely texture too!)Thanks for the review: I'll start looking for this beauty:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry about that Nemo. Kathy loves talking to you. Give her a buzz.

Charlestongirl said...

Kassey, Exces is much warmer. Look at Amy's swatches at http://cafemakeup.com/tag/chanel-exces/.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I figured you would be a red phobe like me. I can be so very conservative. You're right...it's that Chanel touch.

There are very few reds that make me comfortable. I don't like to lead with my lips. Triomphal makes me feel pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, and Nemo, the blush is next. Just took the photos I need. Will try to post soon. Need to eat because I was trying to be dainty at Neiman Marcus at the LMdB event.

Heather said...

I can't wait for this to come out. Will Saks CC have it soon? Also, is Triomphal like Fatale? I'm starting to love reds (only Chanel's) but I'd rather not duplicate if Famous is like Dragon or Triomphal is like Fatale. You're the best!

Kristie said...

Oooh I can't wait to see this. I'm a red phobe as well but found myself falling in love with Rouge Byzantine. Thanks for the lovely swatches!

Clarisse said...

Actually, I'm a brunette with pale skin and I love light and sheer reds (not at all dark reds, plums, violet or brown ones) and when I wear a red shade, my eye-make-up is very, very light!

Nemo said...

I love talking with Kathy, too, Cg. Have you noticed that the makeup people in our lives bring us such joy? How wonderful. And your blog is joy to me, too.

Nemo said...

Owwwwww, the blush! Can't wait!!!!!And I can't wait for the LMDB Holiday, either. Love the Modern Merlot and Silk Road eye kits. Love, love, love.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I actually love it. Thanks for sharing. I would have bypass it if I haven't seen your swatch! Beautiful! The blue in it makes a world difference.

Daisy

Charlestongirl said...

Heather, I'm not the best person to ask about reds. Normally, I don't buy them.

I think Fatale has much more orange in it. Check out Amy's swatch and pics at http://cafemakeup.com/tag/chanel-fatale.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Kristie,

This may be a color that brings us red phobes into the fold. :) Let us know what you think.

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Nemo!

I got info today about LMdB Holiday. Hope to share tomorrow. Just need more time in every day. :)

AilurophileNZ said...

Oh it's gorgeous! What more can I say except when will it arrive in New Zealand? Thanks for the post!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi AilurophileNZ!

When the colors arrive, snap up what you want to buy. They will sell out quickly.

Nicolle said...

Did you actually see Discretion? I can't find any swatches anywhere and it is not on the Chanel site either :( I was waiting for that shade! It was on the chart too for Holiday 2011.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Nicolle, I saw it at NM. It's very beige. Nude, really.