Thursday, October 13, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara

How would you like to have high-impact eyes - like Megan Fox's above? Bold, voluptuous lashes cloaked at a stroke with the precision of a makeup artist? Following Eyes to Kill (the latest standard for luxury mascaras) and Eyes to Kill Excess (an instant volume booster), Eyes to Kill Lash Stretch Lengthening Mascara ($30) offers a new variation for a "killer gaze."

"Eyes to Kill Lash Stretching Mascara creates a high-definition fringe in one single sweep. The lashes are amplified and lengthened to the extreme for a sharp and intense gaze." I found that's not just marketing hype. This is a great mascara for lengthening and "realistic" volumizing in just a few strokes (I always use more than one - I expect that). There is no clumping, thanks to the well-designed brush, and it lengthens and separates the lashes easily. It gives the lashes a flexible feel, which looks and feels natural.

Linda Cantello, International Makeup Artist and Creative Director, described Stretch Lengthening Mascara this way, “Lengthens lash by lash without overloading. Pure black. A precision brush inspired by make-up artist techniques, yet extremely ease to handle. It has everything you expect from a mascara." I'll say! Perhaps a little more.

Armani's Micro-Fil lengthening technology gives Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara the perfect balance between hard and soft micro-waxes and incredibly fine smoothing polymers. The former define and curl the lashes, while the latter easily smooth and coat the lashes along their entire length. Nicely fast and easy to apply, the formula is said to coat each lash by 360% from root to tip. Thanks to a wealth of black pigments, the formula makes the lashes a perfect shade of black (from my perspective). It's also available in an enthralling midnight blue, which I must see as soon as it arrives at the store. The deep blue shade is not available online yet either.

For maximum lengthening, the Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara brush adopts an asymmetric form. On its flat side the short bristles are arranged on the diagonal, with the ability to capture and cloak the lashes from the root. Turn with the flick of the hand and there is the rounded side, with its bristles set in fan shapes, stretching each lash, coating it right to the tip.The lash fringe is lengthened, curved, and perfectly defined. You get instant lash extension without overcoating.

With its bold design, the Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara packaging is cast in champagne-colored metal, giving it the appearance of a real sculpture. All of Giorgio Armani's packaging is elegant. This new mascara continues the tradition.

Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara was available online at Armani Beauty a few days ago, but appears to be temporarily out of stock. I'm sure it will be restocked soon. It will be available any minute, if it's not already, at Armani Fifth Avenue and select fine department stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, and Barneys.

Photo courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty

8 comments:

Clarisse said...

I love "eyes to kill", was not convinced by "eyes to kill in excess" but I'm tempted very much by this one: "stretdch lengthening" talks to me...I will definitely have a go (my present mascara, Armani of course, is almots finished, so I have an excellent reason to try this new one:-)

lovethescents said...

I have a trial sized one that I still haven't tried. I'm nearly done with the Diorshow one, which wasn't at all successful. Must pull this one out!

Eileen said...

Good morning ladies,

I'm with you, Clarisse, in regards to the Excess version of EtK being a disappointment. Most reviewers evidently felt that way, too. It seems that so many brands get caught up in the notion that if they've got a star, amping it up will make it even better. Unfortunately, that doesn't always translate as improvement. In creating the Excess version, Armani lost some of the qualities that made the original so outstanding. Hopefully, that is not the case this time around and Armani has come up with a new winner. I know how much we'd all love a quality mascara that delivers volume, length, curl, and definition without any fading, migrating, or flaking. If Armani has done that, they've hit the jackpot.

I must admit that the vision of creepy, Tammy Faye lashes (long, thick, clumped and spidery) is so firmly planted in my memory that any mascara that embraces volume at the expense of definition, for me, is a fail.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

I was off all day, running cat errands early and then going to Neiman Marcus for Dr. Brown's event. What fun! Dr. Brown and Hylton Lea are the nicest people - as is John Gates, a nice person from I had aready met.

ETK is superb. Excess was relatively useless to me. I go for lengthening in mascaras, even though I have long lashes. I wore Stretch to the Dr. Brown event today, and several people asked me what mascara I was wearing!

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, you have a trial size of the new Stretch or the regular ETK? Either way, try it!!! I think you will love it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Eileen,

I don't see the 350% change in volume, and it's a good thing when I say that. I think this mascara is perfect for lengthening and it adds just the right amount of volume. As I mentioned in the reply to Clarisse, I was asked what mascara I was wearing today by three people who worked at NM!

I got to see the tester of the dark blue shade, and it's a must-have. No product to sell has arrived, sadly. I want it!

AZ said...

Can you compare this to the original ETK? I think its obviously supposed to be more lengthening but ETK does that pretty well for me already. Does it give more volume? Holds curl? A comparison from you would be greatly appreciated =)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi AZ,

I think it is very much like ETK, except it adds just a bit more volume. I don't have a curl issue - my lashes curl naturally - so I can't comment on that aspect. I do think the "stretch" feature is interesting. I actually felt my lashes while wearing it, and they felt more natural. They certainly has a pizazz factor!

We are all different, and what works with my long lashes may not be the best for others. If you like ETK, I'd recommend you try the tester for the new one at the counter - if possible.